“Great Lunch”

Ranked #6 of 167 Restaurants in Hoover
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: Back in 2004, Kash along with some classmates had decided to plan a restaurant for their senior level marketing class at UAB. The project took the full course of the semester and after several grueling months of research they came up with an idea to start a seafood restaurant with a beach feel. The final business plan was to be presented in front of a group of investors. Following the presentation, the investors stated that as long as the business plan was followed, it would be successful. Hearing their response they decided to give it a shot. They figured they would not have a hard time getting started as they had some connections with a large seafood supplier in Bayou La Batre, Louisiana. The original concept had been to have a seafood market as well as a restaurant. So naturally they started off as just a seafood market and decided to grow into the restaurant side. Once they started the restaurant side however, business was kicking off well. The market side was eventually shut do
Reviewed 5 March 2021

I really enjoyed my lunch here last week. The food was fresh and hot and the service was great! I plan to go back soon.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (225)

Reviewed 28 January 2021

Last night I experienced the worst meal at Jubilee Joe's. I will consider it a one-off because I have been eating at their establishment for years. The Red Snapper was overcooked and hard; the asparagus, though blackened, was rubbery and difficult to cut and then chew. Atmosphere was great - was with a party of four; server was attentive. Will I ever return to Jubilee Joe's? Yes, absolutely.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 24 January 2021

I am not a picky eater, but this was by far a terrible meal. Everything was over cooked or burnt. A lot of it tasted frozen. My husbands pasta was inedible. Slimy and gummy. Presentation couldn’t have been worse either. Just really sloppy for food that costs 18 dollars a plate. Really a bummer to me as I have wanted to go for months and won’t go back.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 30 November 2020

I Ordered an extra spicy fried Cajun turkey for Thanksgiving. It was burnt!! Completely inedible!! They ruined my Thanksgiving. When they called me to apologize I asked for a refund. Was told they'd get back to me. It's been 3 days and nothing. Clearly management SUCKS and the food is worse!! Eat there if you want but you've been warned. Absolutely horrible!!!!!! If I could give -10 stars I would. Ugh. Totally disgusted!

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank 410erinw
Reviewed 10 November 2020

This restaurant came very close to a 5 star rating from me. What stopped it was the atmosphere, it was to contemporary. The food was excellent and everyone in our group received more food that what we expected. It is a little pricy though. But great service. I am clicking "Mid-range" on the price and cost, just wish I could click between Mid-range and fine dining. Causal atmosphere, wind and mix drinks are available.

Date of visit: November 2020