Lowest prices for your stay
US$50
View deal
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Booking.comUS$57
Expedia.comUS$50
PricelineUS$57
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The fabulous location of Marante Hotel on Boa Viagem makes you overlook the fact that the hotel is rather decrepit and not quite comfortable. However, it has a well maintained pool on the rooftop, and serves a wonderful breakfast every morning. Like in most places, staff does not speak anything but Portuguese, one of my colleagues ending up with a bottle of Votka instead of the water he ordered. But right across the street there is the wonderful beach and esplanade of Recife, one of the most beautiful in the world.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
RelPublicas, Gerente de relações públicas at Marante Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

We appreciate your comments and preference for Marante. It was a pleasure to welcome you. The experiences lived by our customers are very important to us. We are constantly improving, always looking for perfection in our services.

Marante Plaza Hotel Recife Team.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I waited months to write this review to be able to give a balanced account. This is a good hotel in many respects. But, I had a problem with my reservation. I paid for a large room and they had a small room in their system. The way they behaved was despicable. I had the paperwork that showed that I had made the reservation I said. They tried to bully me by putting the luggage in the wrong room. They lied saying that the category of room in my reservation didn't exist, when it's actually listed on their wall. At some point there were four male managers behind the counter trying to bully me. My luck is that I had a friend with me, a lawyer, who recited my rights to him. Only then they did the right thing. So, all in all, friendly until they mess up. I don't plan to go back.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This is a hotel in a superb location with very friendly service. It has a nice pool with a fantastic view of the beach and the sea. The rooms in the sea front also have a superb view. The rooms themselves are modest, but adequate: clean and functional. Good service is their mark, though. Everybody is so friendly and helpful.

If I had one complaint is the Internet service. It can be very slow. Also, they allow one active connection per guest. In the age where everybody has at least two devices, if not three, it's outdated.

I was also disappointed that they didn't let me change my booking when I arrived. I had done it with booking.com and they said I couldn't change. I found out this is not true. I've just been to another hotel that sorted this out without difficulty. So, better training for the reception staff can be a good idea.

Overall, really, really good. I'll go backk.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Glycerio, Gerente de relações com clientes at Marante Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Hello Luciana! How are you?

We were happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us !
Thank you for choosing us , it was a pleasure to welcome you in our Hotel.
We work to offer the best to our guests and provide them a quiet and special trip .

We look forward to your return!

Regards,

Marante Plaza Hotel staff.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Near to airport, right on the beach front and good value for money. I was in Recife for a work trip for a week and this hotel was convenient and ticked all the essential boxes for those wanting an economic option. Good breakfast though only available until 10 am so if you arrive late at night and sleep in it's a bit early! They need to post the restaurant times on the restaurant to let people know this!
They could do with having an extra English speaking TV channel on their TV options - only one English program from Japan and no news eg CNN or BBC!

Room tip: not near the lifts. ceramic tiled floors create for noise. choose room at end of corridor.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Glycerio, Gerente de relações com clientes at Marante Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Hello , Maggie! How are you?

We were happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for choosing us, it was a pleasure to have it in our Hotel.
With great dedication, we work to offer the best to our guests and provide them a quiet and special trip. We will take all suggestions to our management!
We hope you come visit us many times .

Regards,

Team Marante Plaza Hotel.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

Having read the reviews here, I did not expect much from the hotel. Yet, my 5-day stay there was very pleasant.
The hotel is not luxurious but it has all one needs. The rooms are spacious and clean and there is a fridge (not that common in hotels in Europe). Wifi works well, though one has to log in again and again. Some rooms have a safe - in the mine the safe was broken. I had a small problem with the electricity in my room - even when the card was in, the light always went off after a couple of minutes and I had to move the card to switch it on (quite unpleasant, when you are in a bath...).
On the roof of the hotel, there are two small swimming pools - one for children, one for adults. There is also a lovely view from the roof.
Breakfast is very rich and everything I tasted was delicious.
Some of the staff at the reception do not speak English but I always found someone who did and everyone was really nice and helpful.
The hotel is located opposite the beach in Boa Viagem, close to the airport and the old town (Recife Antigo). There is a supermarket 5 minutes from the hotel.
All in all, my stay at the Marante Plaza hotel was very pleasant and I would not hesitate to return there.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Glycerio, Gerente at Marante Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2015

Hello Veronika , how are you?

We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us . Thank you for choosing us and for your feedback ! With great dedication and commitment , we work to offer the best to our guests , giving them a special trip , as they deserve . We make every effort for this! We hope you come visit us sometimes , we will be waiting for you!

Sincerely, Team Marante Plaza Hotel