See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 5 June 2016

We stayed in a deluxe room, because we were going to stay two weeks. It had a nice space with cross ventilation, a view of the ocean, a sofa and table. It even had a bathtub which is rare in Recife. And the water was hot from a tank, not just a heater at the shower head.
The bed was the most comfortable one I had ever had in a Brazilian Hotel.
I will go back.

One drawback was that the tile floor was slippery when you turned off the air conditioner and opened the windows.

Room tip: The corner room facing the ocean was great!
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for the World Cup as it was the only hotel we could get into and we understand why. The place was not the cleanest, it was fairly loud and the staff was not the most accomodating. We also had the power go out when one of us was in the elevator and it caused him to drop a few feet before resetting.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I came to Recife for the World Cup to see the US play Germany. Obviously, most hotels were booked up, so decided to go with this place.

My initial thought was, I won't be in the room much, how bad could it be? Well, awful. Upon entering the room, the first thing that stuck out was the stench. It was awful, not tolerable. I immediately called and requested a room change, but they said they couldn't as they were full for the World Cup. The smell made it difficult to sleep. On top of the smell, the beds were not comfy.

The next major item of dissatisfaction was the complete lack of hot water in the shower. It's warm in Recife, but that doesn't mean I want to take a cold shower.

This place is better than sleeping on the street, but you really should reconsider if you're thinking of staying at this hotel. Change your dates, do what it takes to avoid this place.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Josh H
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have NEVER written a review on this site and this stay was so disgusting it made me write my first review to warn others!

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during the World Cup group stage games.
It was one of the only hotels available by the time we booked our trip, and we knew the hotel quality was not to the standard we are used to but we figured for 2 nights, we can tolerate it.

We were wrong! The rooms look as if they haven't been touched since the 1970s. There were no light fixtures - the light bulbs literally stick out of the ceiling, exposed. The floors are all tile throughout the room and were still wet when we got into the room. They obviously used a dirty mop with dirty water because there were hairs and dirt mixed in with the water on the floor. IT WAS DISGUSTING. We requested a room change but none were available. If there were any hotels in the area with availability we would have gladly paid again for a hotel stay to avoid staying here. Showers had NO HOT WATER! We took cold showers both days and the bathroom floor has a drain in the middle of the room as the shower does not have a tub. The water drains in the middle of the bathroom so most of the floor is wet when you are getting ready. The walls were dirty, floors filthy, bathroom disgusting,....I would never take my family in this place.

Also, since we were unable to check in early we left our luggage with the front desk. (We also left luggage after checkout because we had a late evening flight.) Both times, they don't take your information. They just put your bags behind the desk, and when you pick them up, THEY DON'T EVEN ASK YOU FOR PROOF OF WHO YOU ARE! You just point to your bags and they hand them over to you. We could have gotten anyone's bags we wanted, without question.

Seriously...don't stay here. The bad reviews on here are accurate and real. Don't take the chance that it 'might not be that bad.' It is.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We're here for the WC2014 and as you can imagine the hotel capacity in Recife is at 100%. Therefore this is the only place we found, the hotel seems a bit dated and it could certainly use a makeover, however is more than enough for catching some sleep and a shower. My aircon worked perfectly and the breakfast was ok.
I'm sure there are newer and nicer hotels but for a couple of nights it worked perfectly for us, no need for the bad press here.

Room tip: Get a room far from the lifts (406 or 407)
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends