“Thoroughly professional”

Coromandel Journeys by Milesworth Travel
Ranked #6 of 34 Tours in Chennai (Madras)
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Coromandel Journeys by Milesworth Travel offers immersive and enjoyable private day tours of Chennai and surroundings. Our tours range from guided walks, tailor-made car tours, group tours, lecture-demos and expert-led special interest programs. Some of our tours are designed in collaboration with Detours Hyderabad. Our guides have a wealth of knowledge and are true insiders to the city. We also offer tailor-made tours across Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 7 November 2016

We booked 3 separate tours through this company. One was a faith tour of chennai, the next was a tour of mamallapuram and the last was a curated shopping tour in Chennai. Each one was uniquely interesting and very satisfying. Ashish is a great host, with excellent communication skills and an evident commitment to great customer service. You are made to feel as an honored guest rather at all times. The guides are very knowledgeable and Rucha is clearly an uber doyen of the chennai shopping spots. I cannot say enough good things about these guys. You get great value for your money and as far as I am concerned these guys have a loyal customer in me.

All reviews
"company"
in 5 reviews
"punctual"

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Ashish and his team totally looked after us so well the whole time we were in India. The tours were so much fun. I loved our photo hunt. What a perfect introduction to India. I would highly recommend going through this company. And all beautiful people. We felt so cared for.

1  Thank Kylie V
AshishChennai, Owner at Coromandel Journeys by Milesworth Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for you warm words of feedback. We are delighted you loved the team activity and the rest of your two week program in Chennai & Pondicherry.

My team and I are deeply grateful for your endorsement of our company and its services.

We look forward to seeing you in India again.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

If you are like us and on your first trip to India and in particular Chennai and Pondacherry I highly recommend that you investigate organizing tours with this company. Their service, guides and information supplied was excellent. I will be utilizing their services again.

Dear Rod

Thank you for such a lovely endorsement of our company and our services!

It was a real pleasure meeting you and looking after you in Chennai & Pondicherry.

My team and I look forward to more adventures with you in India!

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Milesworth Travels made our 2 week stay in Tamil Nadu stress-free, enjoyable and very informative ... as well as fun! As the group's Yoga teacher and a regular visitor to Southern India, I took 10 students of varying ages from mid-40's to 70's - for a trip to Chennai and Pondicherry. The team at Milesworth thought of everything! We had a week in Pondicherry where they organised a Photo Hunt to help the travellers integrate into Indian culture and life - what a fantastic experience and great way to introduce India! The second week in Chennai was busy with a tour of Koyambedu market - what a fabulous experience and hidden secret; a performance and lecture on Bharatanyam classical dancing; an Arts & Crafts Trail tour as well as other historial sites around Chennai and walking tours lead by excellent guides. They provided all transportation for us - air-conditioned maxi-bus - so we had our own personal transport. Milesworth Travel provide exemplary service and very personalised. We happened to be in Chennai for the start of Diwalli so they arranged for us to attend a celebration with food, fireworks, dancing, fashion parade, mehini henna - what an amazing experience for everyone! They are so warm and friendly - it's like they've been friends for many years. I can't recommend them highly enough. I am use to travelling by myself and sometimes it's challenging in another country finding your way around - I'll be call on the team at Milesworth now to take the hard work out my trips, particularly with a group. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

Dear Beverly

Thank you for such warm and generous endorsement of our services!

At the planning stage, we loved your openness to new and offbeat ideas that would provide the cultural orientation and sensitivity for your group, activities that involved immersion and learning, and things that were just pure fun.

We loved putting together these activities and planning the entire program. Your group had a great sense of humour (and that makes sense - you Aussies are always a fun bunch!). The Diwali celebration idea was an impulsive decision - but so glad everyone loved it.

My team and I would love to welcome you back next year to India. You know we can do it all over again wherever you pick to travel to in India. So look forward to seeing you soon.

My team and I thank you for choosing us to plan your trip!

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I used the car services offered by Milesworth Travels in the city of Chennai where I had various meetings to attend. I recommend their services.
Vinoth, the driver, always reported earlier than asked for. Very reliable, safe driver who knows his way around and always has a smile on his face.
The car was very comfortable and clean with water at disposal. The cherry on the cake was a small racket at disposal to fight the mosquitoes who sneak in at times.

AshishChennai, Owner at Coromandel Journeys by Milesworth Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your generous feedback on TripAdvisor!

Vinoth and the rest of my team are delighted that you were happy with our transport services. Our drivers are punctual, well-informed and have over a decade of experience driving within the city of Chennai and across Tamil Nadu.

Our cars may not be brand new, but we service and maintain them with Toyota's own service centres as per schedule. We regularly put in new seat covers and make sure the interiors are well maintained.

Thank you so much for mentioning the mosquito racket. During the October-February, mosquitoes are on the increase in Chennai due to cooler weather and rains. Sometimes a few of these pests do creep in when the door is opened and closed. So glad that weapon was useful!

My team and I look forward to seeing you again in Chennai and being of service.

Warm regards