“One of the better Japanese places in the city”
Review of Wasabi By Morimoto

Wasabi By Morimoto
Ranked #87 of 15,186 Restaurants in Mumbai
Price range: US$86 - US$172
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Colaba
Description: Recognised by San Pellegrino as one of Asia's 50 Best Restaurants 2016, Wasabi by Morimoto offers its guests authentic Japanese culinary treasures from the repertoires of Iron Chef Morimoto. The ingredients, including seafood and Wasabi, are specially flown down from Japan. Besides, the ever popular signature dishes like White fish carpaccio, Black cod miso, Wasabi crème brulee, the already extensive menu keeps expanding and changing with new additions. Interact with our Japanese Chef Masasan Kobayashi at the Sushi Bar or watch him set the range ablaze at the Teppenyaki Counter. Complete with an extensive selection of Japanese whisky, Sake and Plum wines, Wasabi by Morimoto is a connoisseur's delight.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

It was wife's birthday and I decided to take her to Wasabi, as despite being Vegetarian, she had started to appreciate and love Japanese cuisine of late. Called the place and to no surprise, they were fully booked, but offered us a spot at their Sushi Counter, which we were only happy to take. The Ambiance is nice, classy and understated. Our server for the day was Sanjay, and he was very helpful, prompt and efficient.

We decided to try their Omakase Meal, which was pricey, yet looked tempting. The food was really good. The appetizer, Edmame for the wife, and the Yellow Tail Carpaccio for me, were lovely, so were the soups. Miso Soup for me and a vegetarian version for her. The Sushi was really mouth watering, and we loved it.For the entrees, we had the Black Cod Miso, which was amazing and melt in your mouth.

The desserts were great too, and since they also provided us with a small cake as it was a birthday celebration.

Overall, a lovely experience, albeit a bit pricey, but we would definitely visit again on special occasions.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

What can one ever say about Wasabi by Chef Morimoto that hasn’t been said before?
My boyfriend, now fiancée, took me to Wasabi for an extra special birthday dinner. I’ve been wanting to come here since I found out about the place.
Our mutual love for all things sushi finally took us to Wasabi.
In short, the ambience is very modern and a bit of a let down to be honest. We expected a much more authentic Japanese feel.
The food is of course beyond compare. Well Nobu in London is a good comparison but since I can’t eat there again, Wasabi will do.
We had the soft shell crab for starters and the lobster with panko crust and yuzu butter for mains. Outstanding dishes both. The lobster surprisingly super filling. We had to skip the tempting desserts but since it was my birthday they were kind enough to give me a cake on the House!
Love the place, just the two dishes and a bottle of water set us back a good 7k so this place will be reserved only for super special occasions!
But still, Wasabi will always be dear to my heart! My boyfriend proposed to me just after

Reviewed 18 March 2018

If you like Japanese food then this place is a must. Food is great and the service is superb. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Chef Oberoi is deeply missed. The California sushi was average and soggy, the soft shelled crab and spicy tempura sushi was good. The ramen soup was terrible. The miso and brazed cod with garlic rice was fab. The dessert was awesome ...I have mixed feelings now about the place I once loved. No selection of saki only one type and they ran out of Torres red wine.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This is our anniversary celebration restaurant.Since two year we have been visiting here on our anniversary because this restaurant makes it so much more special.We both love japanese food.The restaurant Has a beautiful view too.Food is heavenly.Love the sushi here.