“One of my favourite places to go for a salty caramel eclair!”

L'Opera Salon de The
Ranked #78 of 167 Dessert in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 September 2016

This is one of the best bakeries that I have visited in the recent past. I really like the macaroons and eclairs here. The salty caramel is a must try, if you like eclairs. Their french hearts are good too, but a little too sweet for my taste. Overall, the ambience is really calm and quiet. A great place for a dessert and a cup of tea!

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

The boutiques are small and yet attractive. The bakery offers freshly baked goods with coffee and tea. The quality is really good and prices are very fair.
I personally loved the blueberry cheese cake.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

L'opera serves wide range of desserts, breads and other bakery items. I was recently here for Bread Baking sundowner. I tried variety of breads-
1)Baguette- this long bread had a crisp crust. I tried it with rosemary jam and this jam was too tasty.
2) Cereal baguette- this baguette was a healthy option- made from flaxseed, melon seed and wholewheat. But it had dry texture
3) Cereal bread- I had cereal bread sandwiches with fresh cucumbers and cheese.
It had a good texture
4) Fig bread- this bread was baked with fig and dried fruits. I loved the sublime sweetness of this bread
5) Multigrain bread- this bread was made from flaxseed, rye, oats, sesame and sunflower seeds. But this bread was quite hard to chew
6) Olive bread-this bread tasted good with cappucino!
I totally loved the jams here! So many varieties- apricot, rosemary, orange! Do try the new range

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Delhi is full of amazing restaurants and places to dine. But what we think it’s missing are good bakeries. Sorry – we THOUGHT so! Because we recently discovered L’Opéra. It is without a doubt the most incredible and delicious pastry and bakery house in all New Delhi.

The amosphere of it’s outlets is simple but unique. As soon as you enter any of them (there are already 11!!) you’re being taken straight to the typical French “Salon de Thé” and you feel like you just arrived to Paris. Outlets are not filled with decoration which keeps your focus only on the delicious counters. Creation of outlets and fineness of each and every products they sell gives you a touch of elegance and luxury.

For our review we visited an outlet in Nehru Place, in Epicuria Mall. First we ordered something salty. You may actually be surprised when you read it. Probably because you indentify L’Opéra as a bakery and that is completely true! But in some of the outlets they have other french specialties which you definitely have to try! :)

After we took an order we were served with the perfect baguette with butter. Crunchy from outside and soft inside. And it was only the very beginning to the perfect afteroon.

On their way to perfection L’Opéra didn’t forget about the beverages. The have their own brand of tea with the aromatic tastes like White Orchid Duet, Wild Forest or Green Symphony.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

If you are looking for authentic French bakery goods, then you should give this place a visit. You have a wide selection to choose from, including eclairs, macaroons, baguette, cakes, croissant, mille feuille etc. The espresso is also good, with a strong and lingering taste. I have eaten at L'Opera a number of times, and I have never been disappointed. However, note that the pricing is definitely on the higher side.