“Red Velvet”
Review of Elma's Brasserie

Elma's Brasserie
Ranked #764 of 13,207 Restaurants in New Delhi
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Love the Red Velvet. Its probably the best in town. The service is good too. They are kind enough to have my order all packed and ready so I can hop out of the taxi, pick up my red velvet and move on, without my uber driver asking me to book another cab! Absolutely love the red velvet cake.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We just had great brunch at Elma’s. The restaurant is very tastefully decorated and ambience very good. We got a table upstairs that faces out onto a leafy balcony. The food was very good (particularly the scones!) and the service excellent.The price is steep but all considered we felt it was worth the price for a very pleasant dining experience!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant does not have an idea what a pot pie is and what a shepherds pie is.
Highly disappointed with the two dishes which were ordered through a online ordering website.
Will not go to have food in this restaurant ever having seen their understanding of pies

Reviewed 8 August 2017

They serve good coffee, cakes and yummy pizzas. Value for money. Advance booing of your table is recommended, specially on weekend. i love their cake & deserts. worth visit ....

Reviewed 17 May 2017

OK, so the place has a British sounding name and an ambience resembling that of an English tea-shop, but the prices will make you wonder if the prices are a straight conversion of the British pound as well !

No doubt the place is quaint, and is done up in an understated style, with pastel green exteriors and warm, off-white interiors, and gives a cozy feel. The ground floor has very limited seating and a pastry counter. The mezzanine is a tiny place with just a bar counter. The first floor has a narrow hall with some limited seating.

As far as food is concerned, the taste was pretty decent, but not outstanding, and I have had better stuff at much lower priced outlets. Service is just about okay. We ordered English Scones, which were reasonably good, and served with cream and strawberry jam, but as I said earlier, not outstandingly so. We also ordered a portion of Jacket Potatoes with Ham & Cheese. The same thing goes for these as well - good, but not outstanding. Also, the helpings are quite small.

The Very Berry smoothie is excellent, though, as is the Lychee & Ginger Cooler, which is refreshingly different. This is perhaps the only positive thing that I have to say about the place.

When you visit, you will also find a bottle of mineral water pre-placed on the table, and if you don't ask them to remove it, it will probably get added to your bill. I had read in another review as well that they discovered later that they had been billed for mineral water which they did not consume, so do be careful about this. I made it a point to have it removed.

Overall, the place is not value for money. The pics that I am enclosing for the helpings, as well of the invoice, will bear me out on this. Personally I feel that there are other places in Delhi which offer better helpings and more value.