“Highlight of my holiday! ”
Review of SUP Sri Lanka

SUP Sri Lanka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: CIRCUS Stand Up Paddling Sri Lanka has only the latest and best SUP equipment available. We offer hourly rental directly from the beach. Short instruction for those who never did Paddleboarding before is free. For those who really want to learn SUP, we offer 90 minute lessons as well. We highly recommend our Sunset Trips! Come with us on a tour into the sunset and enjoy a drink on the board. Another beautiful trip is a tour on a nearby lagoon. Paddle in paradise and let us show you the wonderful environment. No motorboats, no jetskies or other tourist stuff will harm you on this tour. Just pure nature and local fishermen doing their job. Oh, and no crocodiles, just in case you‘re worried about that. Soon we offer SUP Camps and SUP Yoga too.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had the most INCREDIBLE morning SUP’ing up the river with our knowledgeable guide. We saw the most beautiful bird life and were able to see the lake and area from a different perspective. I have done a lot of traveling and this is 100% one of the best things I have done! I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area

Klabautermantz, Inhaber at SUP Sri Lanka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hey Nicola,
thank you so much for your review. We always want to offer the best service and a highly enjoyable time for our guests.
Hope to see you again in Sri Lanka.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

This was an amazing experience which we would recommend to anyone visiting Sri Lanka. 2 hours spent paddling round a huge lake without seeing a soul. No boats, jetskis or any sound at all. Incredible wildlife including monitor lizards and eagles.
Complete peace and tranquillity and brilliantly organised even though we only booked it at 10.00 the night before. Tuk Tuk with boards on top finished the morning off perfectly when they dropped us back at our hotel.
Huge thanks to Nishantha for all his help and guidance. Amazing...

Klabautermantz, Owner at SUP Sri Lanka, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Thanks Paul for this brilliant review! We are glad you enjoyed the tour!

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

I did the lagoon tour. If you want to get away a couple of hours from all the tourism and noice and see some amazing landscape this is the way to do it! You start by paddle trough a small harbour on a river, under a couple of bridges, trough the mangrove, and out on a lake! You see animals like varans and eagles and also where they make the brooms and matress padding from coconuts. Your guide will tell you a lot of interesting stuff about the area! Everyone should do this!

Klabautermantz, Owner at SUP Sri Lanka, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Thank you so much for this great review! We’re happy you enjoyed the tour. Hopefully we will see us again at your next visit!

Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

Was going to try surfing while In hikkaduwa but passed this place and decided to give stand up peddling a go as the guys here were really friendly and made it look easy had a great lesson in the sea and after a shaky start by the end of the lesson was , mostly, standing on the board and paddling through the waves with some confidence. The next day tried the tour to the local lake which was amazing and so beautiful. Also much easier than the waves definitely would recommend these guys to anyone new to SUP.

Klabautermantz, Owner at SUP Sri Lanka, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Thanks so much, Viktoria. We had a great time with you and especially our lagoon / lake trip was also a special moment for us. We hope to see you again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 24, 2018

I had wanted to try this for a long time and was glad to get the opportunity whilst in Sri Lanka - I had a lesson with Nishantha on my recent trip to Hikkaduwa and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I turned up late in the day on the last day of my trip and Nishantha was very flexible and made it possible for me, despite having to get a tuktuk and get the boards on the roof in order to take me to a lagoon at very short notice!
Once there he took the time to explain everything clearly and off we set, It was a great experience and is something I would like to do again. If ever I'm in the area again I would definitely do one of the trips they do e.g. taking in the temple further up the lake.
I would recommend this company and especially Nishantha if you are thinking of trying out stand up paddle boarding ....and even if you're not....perhaps you should !! LOL

Thank you for this great review! We hope to see you again. Maybe next time you will enjoy sunset on a SUP with us. We had some stunning sunsets last days!