“Expensive but nice food.”
Review of Salt and Pepper

Salt and Pepper
Ranked #17 of 24 Restaurants in Sagada
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

Like any other restaurants in Sagada, this one is no stranger when it comes to PRICING. Why? Because almost all restos we have been to reaches high to ridiculous prices. I believe its because of the sudden influx of tourists and popularity of Sagada after a local film has introduced its beauty to the world. In contrast, Mountain province is already known for breathtaking scenic views of nature.

This resto's location is excellent, just a few meters away from the Tourist Center and Hostels (particularly our Hostel: Greenhouse Inn) The place is rustic- tables, chairs, walls and ceiling are all made of wood, and interior designs are composed of native woven products made in Mountain Province as well.

Now food wise. We ordered Chili Garlic Inutom (Php 170.00), Sinarabasab (Php 170.00) and a pitcher of Iced Tea (Php 100.00). They were all served after around 30 minutes. The chili garlic infused chicken was yummy! It had this spicy kick, very tender, well marinated, fall off the bone chicken meat partnered with white rice and cucumber with dressing at the side. Same impression with Sinarabasab- vinegar marinated pork meat served with white rice and cucumbers as well. They were both good and we will definitely come back. (Hope they lower their prices though)

Overall 8/10

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 29 February 2016

I had high expectations for the restaurant due to the reviews. Unfortunate, I and my friends were not satisfied with the food we ordered (adobo and steak). The adobo was like pork steak and the steak were too rubbery.

1  Thank milaiski
Reviewed 29 February 2016

the food was delicious.. XD
the yogurt was so yummy, we need to get back to try it once more..
the food was served fast, even though they are fully packed..

Reviewed 23 February 2016

We ate here for breakfast on our last day in Sagada and it was one of the best meals we had here. I had the longanisa and my girlfriend had the apple cinnamon pancakes. Both were delicious. The longanisa was the best I had anywhere in the Philippines. I can't speak to the lunch and dinner selection, but if you're looking for breakfast in Sagada I'd highly recommend trying here.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 19 February 2016

Salt and Pepper offers a wide variety of food choices, which we appreciate since all the other places we tried have limited items on their menu. We ordered pork with gravy, creamy pork, and rosemary chicken. Overall, we were satisfied with our meals. Maybe except for the pork with gravy, which tastes a little weird to me because the "gravy" is not the usual creamy and rich version (it has tomatoes/tomato sauce, so it tastes like menudo or afritada-ish). Waiting time is around 20 minutes.