See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

when we arrived at the hotel the man behind the desk was friendly with little words. At first we thought this must be the best hotel on the island and it certainly is when you only look at the beautiful location. however later on we started to think twice. the choice of drinks was very limited. I managed to get 1 natural lemonade and then the healthy drinks stopped. we couldn't even get a glass of wine with our diner. the setting is beautiful and so quiet. unfortunately they put on the radio in the afternoon. the music was everything but relaxing. there are only two pool chairs in bad condition. swimming pool is nice. the food was just ok. before going to bed we wanted to take a shower but there seemed to be no warm water. we informed at the desk and they confirmed. this happens more in Nicaragua but then it is mentioned in the description of the hotel and prices are much lower. the rooms are very small but that is ok because most of the time you sit outside however the walls and ceiling are very thin so you can hear everything. in the morning we had the choice between pancackes, typical breakfast which is beans and rice or an omelet. no fruit or what so ever. we didn't dare to ask orange juice cause everything we asked before they didn't have. so, to our opinion this is a fine location if you like to see the sunset on this beautiful spot but be aware that you have to accept the minor aspects of the hotel. this could be a paradise if it would be well managed.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hetd8
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Clean, great price, friendly staff great location. We visited with two kids and two adults. Had a room with a queen bed and bunk beds. TV was a great treat, clean bathrooms and a nice pool. Hotel is right on water, could hear the waves of the lake gently crashing in the mornings.
Food was reasonably priced, fresh and tasty. Beers were the right price. Breakfast , the Nica typica was on point. If I had a negative it would be the coffee situation....it could be hotter and ready a bit earlier......but that's me I guess......

I'd stay here again if/when I return.

DALE PUES

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This is a REALLY nice place. The pictures do not do it justice. It’s brand new, clean, luxurious. It’s the best nights sleep I’ve had in a while. I love the nice bed and new bathroom and tile work.

It’s a great deal here for $45. Well worth it.

The lake is right out my room, past the hammocks, and I am listening to the sound of waves.

It is very romantic. A great place to surprise your love with. It’s down a nice dirt road. Very quiet and private. A little further down the road is a nice bar / restaurant on the water. Both are hidden gems.

I watched the sunset from the hammock. Gorgeous.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2017

What a nice place right on the lake with great lake side rooms and terrace, a lake side pool, inhouse restaurant and bar service. Just came under new management when we got there. The two Spanish fellows are doing a great job. We felt very welcome. They organize Island tours and Volcano trips. Go into town at night and walk around. Awesome authentic Nicaraguan life style !!

Room Tip: Lake side upstairs rooms are best
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed and booking.com, your reviews and information is not at all accurate. ”The hotel has a barbecue and terrace, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant” – there is NO restaurant at the hotel, they only have private kitchen where the local ladies prepare breakfast, that’s it. The hotel property is far-far away from the city center or any restaurant and it’s in the middle of woods which is not easily accessible by any means of transport. It gets so dark around 6 pm and it’s not advisable to walk alone, we called taxi 4 times and waited for at least 2 hours but no one showed up the first night. We were travelling from Granada and were so hungry, finally after knocking every other guest’s door, one of the lady took us in her rental car and charged us 10$ to just get dinner. The security guard at night at the hotel did not know English at all and was as helpless as us.
Flat screen TV in room is more like a computer monitor. On top of it, Wifi Sucks big time, they do not take credit cards only cash, the place is full of lizards and toads and mosquitos. The beach around is upper dirty, you would not want to go even close to it.
You will find free shuttle service at the property – this is the information that lured us to book this hotel at first place, but there is no shuttle or private taxi or any means of transport available at the property.

We speak your language! – Don’t know what language you are talking about but definitely not English.
Really disappointed and this was the worst one day and night wasted in my weeks’ vacation to Nicaragua.
Horrible experience, would not recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Please avoid this property... you'll be stuck in middle of nowhere.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends