“Friendly knowledgeable staff”
Review of Bali Hai Divers

Bali Hai Divers
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed at panuba bay and used Bail hai divers to finish my Open Water qualification. The staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. i weas there in Sept/October and it was quiet, but a great place to dive, even though the water was a little stirred up due to recent storms, we still saw plenty of coral and fish - lots of fun

Reviewed 1 July 2011

If you're going to Pulau Tioman, Malaysia, and you're looking for a great shop to dive with, I’d recommend Bali Hai Divers. The crew there is one of the most laid back, relaxed, yet professional group of people as you're ever going to meet. Emi, who runs the place is great, and was quite good at relaxing this hyper-active New Yorker. The DM that I went out with was Juergen, who is just about the coolest DM you'll find. Ask him a question...anything, as he's just incredibly knowledgeable about diving and the local environment.

The diving itself? Well, there are a lot of very famous places in Malaysia to dive, no doubt, but I was very surprised about Tioman. The diving there is actually great, and this one particular dive, Fan Canyon, was just spectacular. And, the best thing is that there are no cattle boats filled with dozens of people like in Thailand or other areas. On every dive I did with them we had the dive sites to ourselves. Just four or five of us divers and a lot of fish! So, if you’re heading to Tioman island, Bali Hai is a great choice. I’m sure I’ll be back.