Wadi Rum Green Desert(Wadi Rum)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$23
  • Breakfast included
Bedouin Lifestyle Camp(Wadi Rum)(Great Value!)
US$21
US$19
Atallah's Camp(Wadi Rum)
US$30
Alamelh Camp(Wadi Rum)
US$24
Bedouin Desert Guide Camp(Wadi Rum)(Great Value!)
US$21
  • Bar/Lounge
Arabian Nights(Wadi Rum)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$62
US$50
Hotels.com
Bait Ali(Wadi Rum)
US$85
US$261
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguide abdulcamel ridegreat experiencebring waterbedouin lifehighlight of our tripwatching the sunsetsand boardinghashnext morningtraditional bedouinrock bridgespicnic lunchnight tourwonderful tourbedouin teasand dunes
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I had an amazing stay at this camp! I chose it by recommendation and because it's permitted and within the Wadi Rum Protected area (do your research! a lot of them aren't) The tent was very comfortable, well equipped for the best sleep I've had in a long time. The tour was breathtaking, the guide very informative. After tour, we were invited to a common area with a fire going, and drank the famous Bedouin sweet tea. Then the guide asked if we wanted to play UNO, we did and had a blast...even learning a few numbers in other languages which was great. The food was delicious and the bathrooms were modern and cleaner than a lot of hotels I've stayed in lol! I had some of the best times of my life here. I've been to other camps, trust me don't miss Rum Stars!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
rumstars, Owner at Rum Stars Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

We enjoyed hosting you in beautiful Wadi Rum! Thank you for your kind words on our camp, we try with sincere effort to give our guests a once in a lifetime experience!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

The tour started on time. We were taken to many magnificent places and really enjoyed the views in the desert. Our guide speaks good English but is not very talkative and did not offer much info about each site (but their email actually had already told you everything). Camp room was basic, they did not offer heater but blankets were warm enough. Bathroom and toilets were extremely clean and dinner/breakfast were really good. After dinner, either you can stay in the living room sitting around the campfire and talking with other travelers, or walk around the camp to feel the desert and the starry sky. It was cold at night so be sure to keep yourself warm enough to enjoy.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends

We thank you for spending time with us at Rum Stars and glad you enjoyed your stay! The weather is warming as spring is arriving...come on back and sleep under the stars, we would love to have you again!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

First the good, our pick up was timely and we were taken to all the sites. Accomodations were as advertised, the bathrooms were opulent. The Zarb was interesting and all the food delicious in camp. Box lunch basic, but enjoyed tea brewed over twig fire in desert. Noone appeared interested in speaking with us about anything. Achmed spoke to us pnly about money and arrangements. Our guide spoke some english but only answered questions in a few words. At night culture consisted of watching bedouin speak in arabic to each other. Our arranged taxi the next day had a surprise extra bedouin in backseat on way to Aqaba.. We were not asked and were expected to pay cost of full taxi ride. After vehemently complaining cost reduced. We were told it was only possible to be led on camel not ride as others have written about, so we declined to do this. I was saddened that based on other reviews my time was spent this way. That said wadi rum is an amazing place of beauty and solitude and I'm pleased I was able to see it.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
rumstars, Owner at Rum Stars Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Greetings Robyn,

We appreciate your taking the time to review. I sincerely regret that you did not feel welcome enough to have a conversation, as our guides do also speak English and are always happy to talk to our guests about Wadi Rum desert, the Bedouin life and Jordan so again I am sorry this did not happen for you.

I'm very surprised about your taxi experience, this is something that doesn't happen and certainly never should have. We were never informed that you were having a taxi problem. If we secure a taxi (we book it for you and have you picked up at our office) for a guest, our employees are there and transfer the guest from us to their taxi, and it is with regret that I cannot do anything to know how you got a taxi etc. to made a remedy at the time for you. As far as the camels ride you were told, this I'm not understanding as we don't have any camel ride from the village to departure, they leave from camp to the village or village to camp. So it is difficult for me to try and correct any misinformation that you were told regarding this, as it's not an offering we even have.

I am sincerely grateful that you were able to experience beautiful Wadi Rum and enjoy it's magic, and again regret that it wasn't a perfect experience for you because it is heartfelt that we want you to have the best experience!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We spent two days and two nights in the desert with rum stars! It was an amazing experience! We were almost alone at the camp and in the desert!
We had a wonderful guide, who takes time to listen our wish! We were able to discuss with him about many topics, ha was open minded!
The service was very good, hifh quality!!
We recommand the tour with rum stars for everything (the tour, the guide, the quality,..)
In few words: it was a perfect time, magic time out of the reality!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you Gaëlle! We enjoyed your time with us also and hope to host you again at Rum Stars!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

I love deserts, i have seen the majority of the them, but i missed till now the Wadi Rum, so i decided to spend Christmas in Jordan (2017)! and of course the Wadi Rum was on the top of my list. I got in touch with Mr Ahmed and since the very first moment i had a good impression of him: he replied to my enquiries by mail and also to my whatsapps, everything very professional. No disappointments at all from the tour he offered to me as i wanted a combination of 4x4 but also of walking and climbing: great!!

I am vegetarian and no problems with that. I I had a fantastic tour guide: Mamdouh, helpful, nice, talkative: he is very ironic and we had a lot of laughing. He helped with climbing and reaching some natural rock bridges: just awesome.

I have only one regret: one day and half and one night was just a glimpse and i wish i could have more time, so i will come back for sure because this desert and his people are just pure magic!!!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo

Hi Lorella, We are very happy you joined us at Rum Stars and thank you for your words. Please, come back and spend another time with us, we would love to have you again!