“Understood trouble areas and good massage”

PTTM School Pai Traditonal Thai Massage
Ranked #2 of 10 Spas & Wellness in Pai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: - Thai massage school All staff at PTTM are graduates of Chiang Mai Old Medicine Hospital and hold Government Certificates in Traditional Medicine. PTTM was established in 1989 and is the only govt-approved massage teaching school in Maehongson province. - Thai massage for health,Foot massage,Herbal massage,oil massage and Herbal sauna
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I visited this place due to other reviews and as I have previous injuries. I went specifically for the back, neck and shoulder massage and it was good. The lady I had worked on the trouble areas and I was left feeling much better and with more mobility in my shoulders. Admittedly it was disconcerting with little english spoken but the last knew what she was doing and worked diligently. It was a good experience and I would recommend to others. Its not the quietest of places, however it was a good experience of Thai massage.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately we were miss led about the massage we would receive. We wanted to be massaged by professionals rather than trainees. We didn’t expect westerners to be massaging us, we do understand you teach massage and that students need to practice but you should ask customers first what they would prefer. The student who messaged me had only been training 8 days and unfortunately after two requests to apply more pressure she still couldn’t understand it was too soft. Not worth getting massages and paying full price.

1  Thank Chaeryoung J
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

As a Thai who's received many traditional massages for decades, I can attest that the practitioners here are very well trained. This place is not like other establishments in Pai. It has the quality comparable to that of the original Thai Massage school Wat Po. What sets it apart: 1) cleaning of feet before entering the property. 2) you get to change into comfortable outfit suitable for the massage.
3) lockers to keep your stuff safe.
4) quiet, tranquil rooms - far from street noise. And doesn't feel like you are in a kitchen.
5) the practitioners applied the same massage sequence on left and right sides. You'd be surprised how often this fails.
6) the pressure applied to the body shop down not be sharp, but strong and long presses.
7) Your muscles should come away feeling like you had a good workout, with no sharp pains.

In Pai, as with many tourist destinations, you will see a great number of massage places with varying quality. This school is legit and definitely above the rest.

1  Thank peeledmango
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

First ever Thai massage so hard to say how good it was. It was certainly painful in parts but my masseur was really lovely and paid attention to when I was flinching! An experience and as good a place as any to try it out.