“Coral propagation ”

Ocean Republic Diving
Ranked #3 of 104 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ocean Republic is the only Sea Shepherd dive school on the island. This means that you will be receiving all the necessary info not to harm the marine environment when you dive. We also organize a weekly beach or reef cleanup on Friday morning and you can learn how to restore coral reefs in our Sea Shepherd Dive coral propagation workshop and course. We are right next to Lomprayah pier where you arrive. It is a nice place to drop your backpack after a long trip, have some free coffee, tea, use the wifi and pick the brain of our great crew of people that can give you advice on whatever you need on koh tao (food, motorbike rental, accommodation, snorkeling spots…)
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Did my coral propagation course. And it was a awesome experience. I learn a lot about the coral. Now can make part of som amazing coral propagation projects. It gives diving an other dimension. Every diver should do this course. Thank you Lucia Baranova.The most professional and friendly instr on the planet

Oce R, Owner at Ocean Republic Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

It is always a pleasure to have you around, we are very glad you enjoyed the training. on behalf of Lucia and all Ocean Republic Diving, thank you for joining us!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"these guys"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I did my SSI open water at Ocean Republic and our instructor was Angel. He was so enthusiastic and funny and made it even more enjoyable. I panicked a few times and Angel handled it really well!

We all enjoyed it so much that we booked to do our advance scuba course at Ocean Republic and with Angel.

I would definitely recommend doing the courses here!

Good day from Paradise!

It is always a pleasure to have you people so determined to achieve their goals, we are proud of our team and we always try to make you enjoyed the training, no matter how excited we are at the beginning.
On behalf of Angel and all Ocean Republic Diving, thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

If you are in Koh Tao and look for fun diving I would advice Ocean Republic Diving.

I would definitely recommend ask for a Dive-master Harry Thornton. I’m very picky with who to dive as this days so many schools just focus on making more money with big groups of people instead of to show the best spots and give a good care of the client. I always look for a professional who can provide good equipment, great dive points and will look after you well. I had a blast with Harry. He is the one rare who loves his job, passionate about diving, highly professional, knows the best diving points in the island, technically well educated, focus on the customer, also he’s a great and very interesting person with a kind heart, pure soul and sense of humor. You’ll be really lucky and happy if you dive with Harry.

Good day from Paradise!

Harry was the lucky one hahahah we all fight when it comes to lead good divers who allow you go to places we don't have the chance to go with less experience divers, like wreck penetration or deep dives.
On behalf of Harry and all Ocean Republic Diving, thank you for choosing us.

See you soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I did my ssi open water with Angel. It was an amazing experience.
Angel is a great instructor, very professional I always feel in security before and during the diving.
He is always there to answer to your questions and make the dive pleasant.
I spend a really good time and I hope doing more advanced course soon !
I definitly recommand you to come there if you looking for a diving course in kho tao.
Furthermore it's a sea shepherd affiliate who care about the environnement :)

1  Thank delphree

Good day from Koh Tao!

It is an amazing feeling to hear you enjoyed such a demanding course, we are proud of our team and we always try to make you enjoyed the training, we call it serious fun. No matter how excited we are at the beginning, the best comes when we see your faces showing accomplishment by the end of the course.

On behalf of Angel and all Ocean Republic Diving, thank you for choosing us!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Just awesome! With Ocean Republic we started to practice the skills for open water course directly in the ocean, I preferred this approach rather than going to a pool first, because you can already get a glimpse of diving. My instructor Diego gave very good and clear instructions both above and below the surface. During the course I got a nice understanding of the equipment, how preassure effects on human body, learned how fragile marinelife is and of course amazing diving experiences! So much fun! As I was eager to learn more, I participated to advanced adventurer course few days later. This time my instructor was Alfonso who gave me more confidence with different specialty dives. With both instructors I felt completely safe although the visibility wasn't always the best. They both delivered a personal experience and wanted to really share the underwater world by pointing different fish and other creatures and telling fun facts about them. Everything was well organized and clear. I definitely recommend Ocean Republic!

Hi Sara!!

It has been so nice to meet you here in Koh Tao, we hope you are enjoying the rest of your travels around Malaysia and yes, as you dive more a camera makes even a better experience hahahah, take many photos of turtles, sharks and share them with the world!

Kind regards!