“the WORST in Thai”

P. P. Palm Tree Resort
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed January 15, 2018

i didn't like this hotel because is expensive, old, dirty and the staff is really unpolite
This room can cost max 50€ per night instead of 200, tanti affittacamere a basso costo presenti a phi phi Modifica

penso sia meglio utilizzare uno dei tanti affittacamere a basso costo presenti a phi phi

I think it's better to use one of the many low-cost guest houses in Phi Phi

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pastO_10

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

Had the worst experience at this hotel during our 2 weeks vacation in Thailand.

The receptionists are just a joke, not helpful, not kind. We were told when we checked in that there are many rules at this hotel, for example no visitors at the hotel, room key card can’t be lost, no smoking in the hotel area, all these will result in a fine. We didn’t not receive any welcoming words when we checked in, “do you have reservation?” Is the first thing we heard. No welcome drinks provided to us but I saw other guest checking in received it.

The room is quite old and absolutely needs renovation soon. Bugs on the wall and toilet was just not in a standard a so-called resort should be. Some rooms have pool access but some are in a hided corner so you don’t even see the pool.

Breakfast is simple but ok. One morning they served the old watermelon.

So the whole experience was bad. Won’t recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yanzhang85
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in January 2018. Some considerations:

Pros
Conveniently located near to restaurants, shops, pharmacy, market and bars. Location couldn't be better. Because of that I thought that my room would be really noisy, but it wasn't
Good air conditioning.
Minibar with complimentary water
Safe in the room
Shower worked fine
Provides beach towels for free
Good breakfast (not excellent)
It has a quite average pool

Cons
Hotel feels like a maze. With lots of stairs it is difficult to find your room at first and the staff doesn't seem worried to help
Room smelled kind of bad (like humid)
Had to wait before checkout for them to check if my room was OK. Like if I was going to rob something from the room. And I was in a rush to catch the boat. I've seen this before, but it isn't nice.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matheus B
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

This is just the worst place I've ever been.
Staff is rude and unprofessional.
I had problems from the first minute to the last.
Save your money. There are much better places around for the same price.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nelson E
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

Checking in was very difficult with lack of communication skills with the front desk. After I finally got to my room at 4 PM it went downhill. There is no Wi-Fi in the room which is crazy in this day and age. The room looks like it’s from the early 70s. Everything is run down and rusted the shower is awful, with no hot water. The front desk is not helpful when any of these issues were brought up to them. Not to mention the station of bugs in the room and the property.

I was here for New Year’s eve so it was more expensive than usual I feel like this hotel is not worth more than $15 US. I paid $200.

All in all this is a dirty rundown hotel I recommend staying at some of the new properties on the island. I moved to a different property after one night and had a much better experience

Stayed: January 2018