“Roach time!”

Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #23 of 460 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$1 - US$19
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ban Tai's original seafood restaurant opened more than 8 years ago by a local fishing family who have fished in the area for generations and have exceptional knowledge of local seafood. Offering a wide selection of fresh local seafood and traditional Thai home cooking with some signature dishes creating a unique dining experience. The restaurant is located on a stunning beachfront next to Ban Tai pier with the option of seating on traditional long tail fishing boats. Finish off your meal with a delicious dessert or one of our many fresh fruit cocktails served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Don't miss out on this local treasure. A must while visiting Koh Phangan! Booking advised during busy months and always around full moon and half moon periods and for larger groups at all times. Large Groups max 8 persons Opening hours kitchen 1pm until 10pm varies in low season
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A very cozy place from the first glance with a good choice of wine and cider and I was going to give it 5 stars... until I found a live cockroach traveling on my dish from barracuda steak to mango salsa. The fish was replaced but I've already lost my appetite. Together with rather high prices I was disappointed overall.

FishermansRestaurant, Host at Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Artem B we remember you very well and would like it stated it was not a cockroach and it did not come from your fish as the fish was directly from the flame of the the bbq if so it would have not been a bbq bug. The restaurant is open plan on a tropical island we can not control visits by mosquitos bugs etc we do fumigate and maintain high level of cleanliness as well as providing coils and spray. After showing us a small bug which landed on you plate we immediately replaced the meal and offered you a complementary drink you chose one of our imported ciders and when asked if you were happy with this which at the time you said you were pleased. Your friends laughed and said it was funny, which they wrote on the feedback form additionally rating us 4 stars for food and 5 for service.
If you are going to take the time to review us why not be honest and please in the future if visiting another restaurant if something happens even if it is beyond their control and they offer you a resolution and you accept don’t moan about it after online.

Best Regards
From us all at Fisherman’s

Write a ReviewReviews (2,347)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came with a motorbike from hadd rin only to eat and the food was awsome. A-W-S-O-M-E!
Free parking
Good location

FishermansRestaurant, Front Office Manager at Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Eran,

Thank you very much for your kind words :)
We hope to see you again soon !

Much love,
Fisherman's

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After sorting through a few options for our anniversary dinner in Koh Phangan, we finally settled on Fishermans Bar... and we're glad we did. With less than 20 tables, we needed to book, but it ensures that the atmosphere and staff-to-guest ratio is maintained. Fisherman's has ambiance, atmosphere, food and cocktails to boot!

On our first night (yes, it was so good that we came back) we enjoyed the deep fried fish, the yellow seafood curry, a Thai salad and some delicious cocktails. I'm still in awe as to how they can make Tom Yum into a cocktail, but the mixologist managed! It was a lot of food, but a good variety of flavours.

On our second visit, we didn't order nearly as much, but again opted for a deep fried red snapper... another round of yellow curry sauce for seasoning and a few glasses of wine.

Highly recommend this restaurant not only for its food, but the attentive staff and romatic tropical ambiance.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant and the service was awful.

When the waiter took our order he said the barracuda would take a little longer, approximately 20 minutes. That was fine. I didn’t mind having to wait 20 minutes for fresh seafood. He also asked whether I wanted to wait and have the steamed mussels that I ordered and the barracuda served at the same time. I said that was fine as well and I didn’t mind waiting.

We did NOT wait only 20 minutes for our food. About one hour after ordering, the waiter came to our table and said that it would only be ten more minutes. 25 minutes later he came to our table again and said our food would be ready in 2 minutes. That was a complete lie. In fact, it took well OVER ONE HOUR for our food to be served.

More importantly, when our food finally did arrive it was cold. I ended up not eating it for two main reasons. One, the mussels were cold. I ordered steamed mussels and there was no steam or warmth to my meal. Second, I did not eat the food for safety reasons. Because the mussels weren’t warm, it was safe to say that they weren’t going to be properly cooked either. I just couldn’t take that chance and neither should any other restaurant patron.

Do yourself a favor and skip this restaurant. I wish we did.

FishermansRestaurant, Host at Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Hurleygirl003
Thank you for your review and honestly we admit we made a mistake. We recently switched our internal system to an automated POS system which relies on WiFi and as you visited us the night before full moon the WiFi around the island was intermittent due to increase in tourists and usage.
In response to your review we upgraded our router privately rather than by the internet provided as we had increased our speed prior and still had problems. Additionally we held more internal training sessions with our staff. It was unfortunate the waiter was our junior waiter and on the night in question and we had no front of house manager that night, he had the least experience in dealing with such a situation and as he got busy he forgot to inform our owner the chef so we can only apologise again that we did not address the issue whilst you were in the restaurant and assure you we have addressed this internally.
If you visit the island again we would like to offer you compensation please find our email so you can contact us directly as at our team meeting we were all very disappointed that this was your opinion of us and we hope we get a chance to change this to a positive one.
Email fishermansphangan@gmail.com
Best Regards from us all at Fisherman's Restaurant and Bar

Good fish dishes.
Try the Thai style whole steamed fish!
The only place on the island you can get a Campari drink.
Skip the dessert.. and keep in mind that at lunch time it’s super hot there.