All reviewsprivate beachper daypeace and quietamazing sunsetbeach fronthot waterrent a bikemotorbiketaxiaccommodationtelevisionchillbahtbathprivacy
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

This is my favourite spot on earth. Breathtakingly beautiful beach and sunsets, calm and secluded but close to nice little Thongsala town and a few nice bars around the corner. Clean and tasty food and friendly and helpful owners, staff and dog. Cute geccos, reasonable pricing. I have been here many times the last 10-15 years and every time I wish I could stay forever. Welcome to paradise!

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

As the title states, location was great and the view amazing. We watched a beautiful sunset while sitting in the sea.

But after the sunset, there wasnt a lot to do. We went into the city, and stayed there for the night. When we came back, our bed was filled with tiny ants. And the room with mosquitos. Because the doors do not close properly.

Its okay for beach cottages to have more insects than normal, but we went here because its more expensive than the bungalow resorts around it (that have a similar view etc).
So we found it not to be worth the extra money.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed just for 1 night.

-The hotel had a peaceful private beach- with an amazing sunset view.
-Breakfast was fine, you can choose from a menu what to eat.
-rooms were quite basic and aging. The door wasn't able to close hermetically so some insects entered during the night.
-location is good only if you rent a motorbike, otherwise you don't have many options to eat and drink in a walking distance.

Bottom line- if you want to relax on a private beach, and you don't mind insects, it could be a hotel for you.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Sea Scene Resort for five wonderful nights. Being a couple with a ~2.5 year old child, it perfectly met all of our expectations - secluded, quiet, amazingly beautiful and right on the beach.

For us, the only shortfalls of the place were:

a) the restaurant. Nothing bad per se and quite generous portion, but the food itself is just not that tasty and not as cheap as you would've imagined. Next door (literally) at the Sea Sunset (NOT Scene. Confused? I know...) Resort the food is very tasty but the portions are too small which makes the value for money there not that incredible either.

b) as much as I hate to say it, the staff is not very welcoming. Again, it's not that they're rood or anything, but unlike other places we've been to in Thailand (more than once), they simply weren't warm and did not make an effort to make us feel at home or welcomed.

Having said that, not only that we had an amazing time, the room we stayed at (the Rimlay), offered absolutely spectacular views and location and quite possibly was the best value for money room we stayed in in Thailand. I highly recommend going for one of the beachfront bungalows, but if you have the chance, the Rimlay takes the top by a landslide (too bad there's only one).

Bottom line, if you are looking for peace and quiet, right on a beautiful and secluded beach, I definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Sea Scene is a very good location for your holiday, the Hauser is clean and the beach in front of it is beautiful, it looks like a fiji Island like I've red in a previous review. We rented a bike for only 200 bath per day unfortunately I had a little problem with the brake and the owner replaced it immediately without any problems!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple