Banana Beach Resort
Lanta Resort(Ko Lanta)
  • Beachfront
The Funky Fish(Ko Lanta)
View Hotel
All reviewsreggae barpool sideprivate poolphi phimosquitoesnetswifikolantaislandbeachmotorbikecomfortprivacymassage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

This is a nice resort located right next to the sea. It's loaded with families and long stay tourists (4 weeks or more) so book early if you fancy a room next to the pool or close to the beach.

Just a few remarks...

1: breakfast is really basic basic... Some toast, instant coffee, bottled juice, fried eggs and fruits. no buffet.

2: lots of kids, really... if you have kid allergies this ain't your place.

3: the lack of detail in facilities is really getting under my skin... Loose toilet seat, shower head sprays water everywhere you don't want it, the beds are kinda very hard and this one really got me... mosquito nets are too small for the beds!!!! So useless . Airco is great though and anti mosquito wall plugs are available. Towels smell nice and feel clean but are super old and seem like left over towels from families the forgot theirs, we have 4 towels, all different.

4: great (kids) playing environment with beautiful beach side relaxation area!

5: surprise... This place has a super clean and well maintained pool!

6: super easy and cheap to rent a motorbike. Fyi it won't have a full tank and you shouldn't put more as 1 or 2 bottles of gasoline in it...

Conclusion: We really like the resort for its value and location but there are very obvious and easy to accomplish improvements that would improve the overall experience at this resort! Then again... Value and location!!

Oh yeah no matter where or how you book you should confirm the room location by email... Unless you're not picky about your room. We booked a pool side beach view room but instead got a different room. I was told it was the problem of the staff updating the booking dot com being slow which made it a double booking but honestly I doubt because we booked nearly 2 months ago and received no message at all about this change until we arrived at the resort. Though... Nice efforts were made to get us the room we booked the day after.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in january 2015 as well, and we loved the resort then. In two years it has turned very touristy, but luckily filled with families, (since I have a kid too), not party people. The woman, named Oi, in the reception is more than friendly, I really liked her a lot. You can see that she isn't trying, she just is what she is: loves talking with people, and helps everyone with a good heart. My 4-year old daughter liked her a lot too. I got stung by a jelly fish and Oi called a doctor without even asking me if i want to because she was worried, and they arrived in 5 minutes and took me to the hospital, because my foot was really swollen and the doctor said it might be the box one. Thanks to Oi who helped me. I survived.

The rooms were new in 2015, so they were clean and cozy. Now, two years later, they are a bit dirty, there's ants in the bed and bugs everywhere, even if u keep the door closed all the time. You'll get used to it, but the ants where removed from our bed since I told Oi about it, and luckily we got completely rid of them for good.
Both times we stayed here, we had a room upstairs with a balcony. First they put us in a room downstairs because they thought it's "better for kids" but it isn't, and the room/terrace is more lame there. Downstairs it's noisy since everyone is walking and chatting right in front of your door and there's no cozy hammock on the terrace. We moved upstairs directly after we'd seen the room downstairs, and it was more than okay for Oi. Upstairs it was more quite and the room was bigger, and you could see the ocean from the balcony (from the terrace you saw walls and tourists). I definitely recommend the second floor bungalows for everyone who appreciates privacy, even if the rooms downstairs looks good from outside and seem like a good idea first. (The wedding suites have small private pools outside but I don't think they're worth a visit.)

Theres a big pool on the yard a few meters from the beach, for adults, and a smaller for children right next to it. The breakfast is included in the room cost and it's like a continental breakfast or more like a pick 'n' mix with what u like. If u want bacon it costs a little extra. A man waiter who's working at banana beach restaurant, is a bit too exited about kids. He doesn't mean anything bad but he just kisses all kids and make fun with them when they're eating breakfast, all the time and too much, so even my little daughter didn't laugh at him anymore. She thought it was weird when a stranger asked her to kiss him all the time, and didn't stop asking even if she said she doesn't want to.

Even thoug the rooms are average in these days, the location of this resort is great. It's in the other end of the klong dao beach which is more private and quite than for eg in the middle, and located it's right on the beach.

At night, there's an annoying reggaebar next to the resort where some really bad singers with a bad english accent sing in an echoing mic, and it's so loud it's almost like someone really smashed is singing karaoke in your bedroom, so I recommend ear plugs.

Over all, we've always had a great stay here and from our 6-week thai vacay, a planned 3-days stay in banana beach turn out to be 2 weeks since we didn't wanna leave. Of your in lanta with kids, choose this one, it's the best.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2017

Oil has been very helpful in catering all our needs at the resort. She is a very positive, friendly person and makes the stay at this place special. The room (facing the pool) was very clean, basic but cozy. Food is quite good, we had their grilled fish which was excellent. Pool is a good plus, especially when the sea is too rough to swim. The adjacent beach invites for long walks and jogging. It is definitely recommended for families.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. We were in the honeymoon suite furtherest from the beach but we could still see the sea from our deck. The room was very clean and spacious. We liked the fact that it had a safe too. The little private pool was a bonus that we hadn't expected and we made good use of it. The lady at reception, I think her name was Kaa (spelling?), was very friendly and helpful. Scooter rental at 250 baht was very reasonable and convenient. Breakfast was quite simple - eggs, toast and fruit with coffee - but we ate on our dive boat most mornings anyway. We ate at an amazing little Thai place right down the road which we would highly recommend. It didn't appear to have an English name but it was probably not even 500m if you went right on the main road from the resort. Small local place on the main road right by the Time for Lime restaurant sign. We had the tom yum seafood, chicken and basil stir fry and spicy beef salad. Super cheap and delicious!

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

We arrived without any reservations and found "time for lime" was booked up for the week so we went to banana beach resort and loved the atmosphere. The place was packed with European families. This added to the festive feeling. The only thing I noticed was the reggae bar had live music every evening but this was not loud and did not hinder my sleep. I loved walking and running along the beach. The wifi was good and the rooms were comfortable and clean. We had to switch out to another hotel on our last stay and I miss the friendly staff! They arranged a way for us to stay each night by rotating us to new rooms every day. I can say for sure all the rooms are in good shape.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple