“A relaxing stay”
Review of Holiday Villa

Holiday Villa
Ranked #60 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed May 14, 2015

We had a very spacious bungalow with a terrace and very close to the restaurant and pools. We loved it! The two pools were nice with two slides, one of them with very much fun. The kid loved it! Me too ;-) Our beach had some small rocks in between the sand, but no danger or problems. A few minutes walk to the north, and then there was sand without rocks. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. We enjoyed that, too! Wifi was free and fast enough. My only critics: not much choice for breakfast. I personally would have loved to get fried rice with Thai chillies. I can eat toast with butter the whole year at home. But they had omelette and prepared it with chillies for me.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family

Reviewed April 12, 2015

This place is just breathtaking, the island, the hotel, its location is far North, nothing is that far when you drive, I rented a bike easily from their reception, was perfect.

The hotel for the price is lovely, very plush, cosy white finish in the rooms, big cosy bed, comfortable, great bathroom, big safe lock box, I felt safe, it felt like a proper holida you expect in Thailand.

Other attractions were yoga at Relax Bay - amazing, worth the bike ride of 8km, also the National Park is worth a ride, 25 minutes drive to the light house, a nature trail of 30 minutes, just stunning.

The tiger cave and water fall also worth a trip, bear in mind out of rainy season there won't be a waterfall, rather than expect a mass of water, expect nothing, but look around its stunning.

OK the hotel again, the breakfast is great too, served from 7am - 10am, something to suit everyone.

I stayed in room 413, location near the road for exit to trips, near the restaurant and then near the beach too, I didn't eat dinner there, I ate on the beach at Banana Resort, lovely food there and the people are so lovely, consisently.

Free wifi in restaurant and it reached perfectly to my room too

Holiday villa has great swimming pools, nice sun loungers, you also have two on your own private balcony which is lovely, sun beds I mean.

Overall this hotel is amazing, I'd stay, its worth every baht, enjoy!

Room Tip: room 413 famazing
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank Natalie A
Reviewed March 6, 2015

We moved here after staying for one night at Cocotero so we could have a bit more luxury, a pool and be close to the beach. It was one of the last rooms available during high season at the last minute but we lucked out. While this is a family resort (the pool has 2 water slides and there are kids about) it was still really quiet and very clean and the kids were all well-behaved. It has a great pool and there's always a lounger available. The restaurant on-site is incredibly friendly but food is just ok - nice big breakfast with tons of variety. The staff is all super friendly and the reception desk is very helpful. Our room was gigantic, with a sitting room, huge balcony with an incredible view and we couldn't hear any of our neighbors. The only thing I'd fault is the bed was really hard but so are most in Thailand, it seems. The beach is just off the pool and most importantly this is right next door to Time for Lime restaurant and cooking school (which shouldn't be missed). For the price, we got an amazing deal and I would recommend this for its central location, pool, cleanliness and beach access. The beach is not extraordinary here but is great for a stroll as you're on a long crescent filled with restaurants and things to do.

Room Tip: Up on the hills 2nd floor has great views and feels like you have your own house.
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChockaLife
Reviewed February 3, 2015

We had an ok stay, it would be a good hotel if they would pay attention to a few things. First of all (and with this they would get far already) they should be more friendly to their guests, especially at the reception. The only time the receptionist (the same person was there always) even smiled was when we arrived. After that she was utterly unfriendly, all the time. We had a booking for 3 weeks which means we also paid a fairly good sum. Our toddler accidentaly broke a glas and a mug during our stay and when checking out, they quite rudely told us we had to pay for them. Considering that no one cares about all the plates and forks and glasses from the restaurant that ended up to our room (the cleaners did not take them away, ever. We could have taken a whole set of those along if we wanted, without no one noticing) it is mainly ridiculous to charge for a glass and a mug, propably worth 10 baht each.

Another thing is the cleaning. It is very random what they do, sometimes you have 2 towels, sometimes 3-4, sometimes you don't get more toilet paper etc. They don't change linen unless you yourself take it out and put it on the floor. I don't think it is so much the cleaners fault but the management should maybe give better instructions for them. Also, it is clean on the surface but when you look at the corners or under the bed, you'll find some very dirty surprises. Our toddler crawled under the bed to get his ball and I could not believe my eyes when I saw his clothes after that. Seriously disgusting! The cleaning ladies where really smiling and friendly but unfortunately did not understand English at all so we had to contact the rude lady at the reception to have the floor under the bed cleaned, again we felt we mainly bothered her.

The pool area is nice, especially with kids. There's 2 small waterslides and a playarea. Have to wonder about safety though, there's an open fish pool in front of the playarea and you walk over a bridge to get to the toys. I wonder how many kids have fallen in to the fishpool, I'm sure quite a few!

The restaurant staff is friendly too, but it is a shame the food is among the worst we had in the whole island. We gave it a couple of chances but it really has no hope. Even fried rice was terrible with overcooked rice and vegetables from the freezer. The only reasonably good thing they have to offer are the fruit shakes. For good thai food go to Phet, not far from the hotel, walk along the beach for a couple of minutes. They also have a play area for kids on the upper terrace, toys and a swing on the beach and very friendly staff. A bit further along the beach is Koala Bar, both western and thai food, excellent pizza. A bit more further along the beach is Klong Dao Beach Resort that has a family run restaurant with excellent thai food.

We stayed in a one bedroom villa that was fairly new and spacious with a large terrace. These newer villas are tucked in the middle of the hotel area as the older ones circle the area. In the newer ones you are very close to your neighbour though as they are built more tightly than the older ones. This did not bother much though, just remember to close the curtains in the evenings to avoid being on display!
As the guests are mainly families with children, the area is very quiet during the evenings. But, there is a bar with a live band on the opposite side of the road and we could hear them too well, playing until around 3 am every single night. This of course depends on your villas location, I don't think Mr.Guitar Bar sounds reach all the villas in the area.

We had some problems with the airconditioning dripping water and terrace light not working, these were fixed promptly.

All in all, it is an ok family hotel, if they would change the chef at the restaurant, start being helpful and polite at the reception and pay more attention to cleaning, it would be a good hotel but now just ok. I have stayed in a number of hotels around Thailand so I have something to compare to and I always aim to give truthful reviews, Holiday Villa unfortunately did not make it to the top with their performance now. Being polite and friendly to your paying guests should be a priority in every hotel, in Holiday Villa some members of staff seem to have forgotten that.

• Stayed: January 2015
2  Thank Venga
Reviewed December 28, 2014

Been here twice and both times we booked Garden Villa which is what we recommend since you get a pretty large bungalow with two rooms where one is dedicated for sleeping with two large beds possible to combine to a twin bed. Garden Villa is close to the pool, restaurant and also the beach. Standard are not latest but ok and it is clean. Friendly and serviceminded personnel. No problem with Wi-fi. Food in restaurant is not top but it dors not matter since you can explore the whole Klong Dao beach just outside the door. This is a good place and a good bang for the buck.

Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family