1,689 results
All reviews tides restaurant garden pavilion pillow menu sands bar sunken bath sundowner cruise coco loco operations manager beach suite krabi airport our honeymoon cold towels fruit kebabs pool staff low season turn down service signature massage
Reviewed 10 July 2018

My husband and I booked a last minute trip to Layana Resort and Spa (literally 1.5 days before arrival) for a mini honeymoon.

Layana was the BEST experience and exactly what we hoped we arranged. The end-to-end service was truly impeccable. We boarded the plane in Singapore late afternoon and made it to Layana in time for a lovely dinner by the beach.

We were welcomed by friendly Layana staff at Krabi airport, the transportation to the resort was comfortable and easy, the resort grounds are well maintained, all staff are super friendly in a balanced-way, the restaurant was delish, the massages were the best we’ve ever had and the Ocean villa was beyond impressive and definitely worth the upgrade. The Ocean Villa’s luxurious spa bathroom and multiple lounges provided extra space for that ultimate holiday experience.

We’ll definitely be back again this year!

Room Tip: The Ocean Villa provides the ultimate holiday experience! The spa bathroom and indoor/outdoor lounge is luxurious.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StephCW2
Layana_Resort, General Manager at Layana Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear StephCW2,

I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guest's needs the best way we can. We are looking forward to having you again as a guest at our beautiful resort in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

There is something in the water in Koh Lanta. The staff at Layana are a special breed. My fiancé and I have never stayed at a resort like Layana. Once you are picked up at the airport by their team you are immediately treated like royalty. At every opportunity their team goes above and beyond to ensure that you have a pleasant and relaxing stay. It will be hard to stay at other hotels after receiving the Layana treatment.

I am trying to figure out how to bring the Koh Lanta water back home because I am convinced there is something special in it. We could not recommend Layana more strongly for those looking for a relaxing remote beach vacation.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
6  Thank One_quick_spin

Dear One_quick_spin,

Thank you very much for your positive comments. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have taken note of your positive comments and will certainly share them in our associate meeting. Our team will look forward to welcoming you again and would ascertain that your next stay with us will be as enjoyable as the last one.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We are two girls in our mid twenties from
Germany (Munich) and stayed spent 6 nights at Layana. We booked the hotel pick-up service in advance, the drive was approximately 1,5 hours and you could watch short film on Koh Lanta and the resort itself. As we arrived rather later (after 9pm), the hotel correctly anticipated that we might be hungry and prepared a beautiful table with an increadible sea view.

Room: Our room was nicely furnished, quite spacious and fully equipped. We were provided with hand sanitizer, and anti-mosquito spray and more than enough complimentary water.

Breakfast: The breakfast really is spot on! The buffet offers a nice selection and the freshly prepared dishes are quite a lot: ranging from various egg dishes and Thai food to salads and pancakes (even Kaiserschmarrn). The fresh juices are also really good. I once asked if I could get hummus, the waiter didn’t know what it was , then the restaurant manager came to me and asked me by showing a picture I wanted that. 10 minutes later they prepared it. Everyday since then we have been asked if we wanted hummus, all the staff members were really nice, but namely Nat took especially good care of us.

Beach/Pool: the hotel itself has 2 big pools, but we only stayed at the one that is closer to the beach. We were given cold water serval times a day, which was great for refreshing, it might not be a huge effort for the hotel, but for the guests it really is the small things that make the difference. The beach itself is small, but very well taken care of.

Restaurant : the hotel has one restaurant (the Tides) offering Thai and western food and the prices are more than acceptable at a 5 star hotel. We ate there almost every night as having dinner was just lovely there.

I really want to put emphasis on the staff and the service as it exceeded our expectations. All of the staff members were extremely friendly, were far-seeing and tried to make us as satisfied as possible. My friend was sick for 2 days and she was even sent flowers and a “get well soon” card. This hotel truly understands customer-centricity. 7 years ago I stayed with my parents at Pimalay (also in Koh Lanta) and the service here at Layana was slightly better and more cordial.

Generally speaking, we can highly recommend the hotel, if you want to spend some calm and relaxing days in Thailand. Even though it is not the biggest resort, it provides everything you need in order to forget about your everyday life and again the service is excellent!

Thank you!
Alexandra and Margo

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
5  Thank 434alexandra
Layana_Resort, General Manager at Layana Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear 434alexandra,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Layana Resort & Spa. There is nothing more encouraging than knowing that you had a wonderful time with us. We looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2018

We absolutely loved Layana Resort, the perfect place for total relaxation in clean, opulent and peaceful surroundings. We were totally spoilt by the staff and management and were reluctant to leave. It felt like paradise.

Room Tip: Top quality, spacious and luxurious
Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank chrisharon

Dear chrisharon,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
If you are travelling to our area again, please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We have been staying at Layana since it was opened about 15 years ago - through the original owners and a selection of managers after the sale of the property. There have been many improvements over the years with a new pool installed and upgrades to the top rooms. I feel overall that the Garden Pavillions (basic rooms) are now in need of renovation. They are very comfortable but starting to look a little tired. The new rooms are spectacular - and priced accordingly! We are now no longer able to stay in the high season as previously due to the very high room rate compared to other resorts in Koh Lanta. I love the resort but find it is just much too expensive for what is offered. It is a very good four star resort, not five

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank missiquincy
Layana_Resort, General Manager at Layana Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear missiquincy,

Thank you very much for your loyalty over the last 15 years. The Layana Team and I were very happy to welcome you back. It is great to read your very positive comments about our wellness swimming pool, our Grand Garden Rooms and our Terrace Suites which all opened 3 years ago. After enhancing some our Villas last year please be assured that we will continue to improve our facilities and rooms. Once again many thanks for your visit and your loyalty.

Best regards,