Lanta Sand Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$60
US$47
Hotels.com
US$76
US$73
Thai House Beach Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$11
US$10
Mook Lanta Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$8
i-Style Lanta Boutique House(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$22
US$275
Hotels.com
Costa Lanta(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$96
Layana Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)
US$173
All reviewsair confamily bungalowred currystayed here for nightsbars and restaurantsthe main roadnice bungalowsphi phimin walkkrabi airportexplore the islandtuk tukkolantaresortbeachhuts
Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Lanta Pearl enough to give it a four but really, for me, it's a 3.5. I am a solo traveller and this place is much more suited to couples or families. It is near a lot of "nightlife" but if you plan on having a drink or two it's a bit scary riding a motorbike at night and the walk can be a bit dangerous with scooters and cars whizzing by (not a lot mind you but when it happens it's a surprise).

The accommodations are spacious and clean, the AC works well and the bonus of having a hammock on your deck was pretty sweet because I spent a lot of time at the end of my day swinging on that thing and sipping a beer.

The staff was nice and it was easy to get a motorbike to go to the southern part of the island where the beaches were much nicer (in my opinion). Seriously, go visit the southern beaches, they are great and there are all sorts of places to stop along the way.

My biggest complaint may seem silly but it was important to me- the WIFI is TERRIBLE. Their excuse is that there are a lot of access ports. Again, it seems silly but I was trying to book the rest of my trip and it became very frustrating. I ended up spending a lot of time on a swing by reception in the mornings as that was the strongest point. At night I would go to Papaya Salad (a restaurant close by, that is pretty good) because they had a very strong signal and I could book things no problem. Again, this may not be important to everyone but it was for me.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Randal L
Reviewed 28 March 2016

We booked this resort after doing a lot of research and it came highly recommended as being friendly, clean and good value for money. This was our last destination of a holiday that encompassed Bangkok and Chaing Mai, so we were looking forward to arriving to a warm welcome and a big chill out 8 days. We arrived in Reception fully expecting warm hello's and welcoming smiles, how wrong can you be! Instead we were greeted by a very officious woman who's only interest was in getting out money off us (by the way if your booking with booing.com be aware they charge a 3% service charge if you pay by credit card, and will expect full payment up front in cash, we used all our baht in order to avoid this) the rooms were clean, apart from the gap above the wardrobes which were filthy so we avoided storing our suitcase there and the shelf behind the bed was also dirty and I had to clean it with a wet wipe before I could store anything on there. I went in a charm offensive to try and get smiles from the staff, but it was an uphill struggle and at no time did we feel particularly welcome or valued as a customer. Nik the bar man, was the only person there who tried to interact with us and although the there's a language barrier he tried his best to be friendly and welcoming. The daughter who manned the bar sat crossed legged on a stool staring at her mobile phone and only moved to serve drinks, I asked her, her name and she wrote it down for me and smiled when I smiled at her, but other than this there was no interaction whatsoever, we avoided the bar other than a meeting point as the atmosphere ( or lack of) was just too uncomfortable and not very relaxing. We did however find Mr Wee Pizzera or Wadis bar (the name belies the delicious Thai food it did and excellent breakfasts too) and we spent most of our time here during the day. Thai Cat bar further down is also a great place to eat of an evening too. We ate breakfast at our resort 3 times, but there were a lot of flys on the food, which had been left uncovered and the omelette I had twice was uncooked, so we ate at the above restaurant for breakfast every day too. A word of warning, if you book a snorkelling trip (as we did) be aware that you will be on a speeddboat and crammed in like sardines, this made for an unpleasant day out which we felt was a waste of money. The food they provided was good but you had to stand to eat it as there wasn't anywhere to sit. We made the best of our stay and enjoyed it but the entrance to the beach looks like a bomb site, with rubbish left around. The location for the beach is excellent and once you pass this eyesore the beach itself is stunning. We wont return to koh lanta for the lack of welcome and friendliness compared to the rest of Thailand which was very welcoming in comparison. Wi Fi weak and drops off quite frequently. A

Room Tip: Avoid room M18 as this is next to bar and kitchen and subsequent noise!
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia C
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here as a back up option to a place 100m closer to the beach but this place was HALF THE PRICE.

We stayed in one of the fan bungalows towards the back of the property and it was everything we needed. If they had an AC room available, we would have taken it but the fan room was just fine. Decent size, huge bathroom, comfortable bed.

The bar is nice and quiet and stays open late enough for a night cap.

Fun, friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2016

Stayed here 2 weeks and enjoyed it. The bungalows were clean and the bed wasn't hard like many places I've stayed. They have room safes which I read before they didn't so that was a nice surprise. You get 2 free bottles of water per day which is nice

They have a breakfast buffet for 150b which is good considering it would cost more if you like juice, cereal, eggs, fruit, etc. and paid for these at a resturant.

It's only couple min walk to Long beach which wasn't that busy most of the times. I rented a motorbike from them and paid 200b per day (due to renting more than 5 days). Be sure to get a resort contact # if you have any issues with the bike. As it turned out on day 1 I had an ignition problem and called the #, within an 1hr a truck showed up with a different bike that I swapped with.

Staff are friendly and always smiling. Free Wifi worked fairly well most of the time.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 29 February 2016

I just returned from my second trip to Thailand from San Francisco, and had to go back to Lanta Pearl Beach. This place has everything I was looking for on holiday - right on the beach, food is amazing here and the family who owns it are so warm and welcoming. The room was perfect - we got a family aircon room - it was spacious, clean, the deck was perfect for relaxing - it's the best respite from a long day in the sun. This place is an incredible value for the price. They also arranged for a great 8-person aircon van for our group to get back to Krabi when it was time to leave. I can't wait to go back to Lanta and will absolutely be staying at Pearl Beach!

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends