“Owner was rude”

Italiano Koh Kradan
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Ko Kradan
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

In the morning we were going to have breakfast here but the owner threw us out rudely. In his words the breakfast is only for the customers of the resort.
Why would you then advertise breakfast on ad??!!

Before this encounter we had pizza here. It was mediocre and quite expensive. Only reason we returned for breakfast was the location, cos it was next door and we had morning boat to Trang.
Definitely not number one place in the island!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went there for dessert and for breakfast. Tiramisu was nice but panna cotta was average. Breakfast was ok.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Imagine this: you are on a remote, gorgeous, little Thai island in the Andaman sea and you are eating freshly made pasta, gnocchi and ravioli served with succulent sauces. I know, it is like a dream come true! Go to Ko Kradan and eat at L'Italiano and see for your self. In 5 days on the island we had at least 6 meals here and tried tagliatelle Bolognese, pasta amatriciana, gnocchi al gorgonzola and tagliatelle with salmon and I would give a 5 stars to each and every dish.
I am however giving an overall 4 stars because the pizza was not great (although it is a thin crust pizza, I found the bottom of the pizza to be too soft) and the service could be improved (especially the young man serving at the tables, who did not spare a smile for anybody!).
The atmosphere is great with soft lights and good background music.

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

I came to dinner here alone tonight and really enjoyed my experience. I'm a big time foodie and love Italian food, and this did not disappoint! Best Italian food I've ever eaten? No. BUT considering the logistics of getting all the wonderful ingredients to this tiny island in Thailand I think it was amazing. I can still taste the cream and porcini in my mouth as I type this, YUM! Was it pricey? Compared to a green curry, yes, but again consider the logistics. I had a bruschetta app, a tommy pasta dish, brownie dessert and 3 glasses of wine for under 50cad, for me that's a steal! I found the staff to be friendly and pleasant, and the man I assume everyone says is the rude owner, to me he seemed like a nice human, maybe just a bit shy or introvert, cut him some slack people.

Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

Ok food, but not as you think you come to heaven. Just trying the pizza and I have eaten better pizza.
Nice staff,