Kaivalyam Retreat
Aranyaka Resort(Pallivasal)
Chandys Windy Woods(Chithirapuram)
Tea Harvester(Chithirapuram)
  • Breakfast included
Blu Haze Resort & Spa(Chithirapuram)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsspice plantationharish and anjuthe main roadyoga sessionstree housevegetarian foodyoga hallbird watchingpure vegetarianspice garden walkcomplimentary activitiesearly morning yogatea tastingluxury roomjeep driversteep roadguided walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This property just stands out in location, service, luxury, value for money and has by far the best staff that I have encountered during my stay at various hotels in India and abroad (including 5-star rated hotels). Right from the moment you step into the property, you get a feeling of absolute relaxation and a wonderful environment of nature. Special mention - the guided bird watch trip was outstanding. We got to see some really colourful birds through the binoculars provided by the retreat. The meditation sessions conducted by the owner of the property was really peaceful. No words for the food - pure vegetarian, made to order, spiced as per our requirement. The rooms were much better than many of the 5-star hotels that I have stayed in. It was superbly maintained, spic and span.
Thank you Mr.Harish for a wonderful experience and we would surely like to repeat it.

Room Tip: All rooms have a lovely view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The place to be with human care. Definitely Highly recommended. You will be in love with everything around you. Don’t miss the hike down to the river ,, and do one cooking class with super friendly lady chef and order the Onions Bakhora for dinner. Thank You every one to make our stay great .

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Kaivalyam is a true retreat set on a steep hillside at high altitude in the midst of a diverse plantation with gorgeous vistas. The place is run by a lovely couple, who ensure that the service is top-class (the best we had throughout India) and friendly. The room we had was modern, clean, and truly luxurious with a nice private balcony with a view of the plantation and mountains. Many complimentary activities are available - yoga, guided meditation, a guided plantation walk amongst others, and they are very well done. The restaurant serves some of the absolute best food we’ve had in India, with a selection of options from different parts of the country and a menu that changes daily.

Altogether I’d recommend kaivalyam to anyone I knew planning a trip to kerala. Amazing place.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Location is very peaceful and can see variety of birds, Good for Yoga and Meditation.
kaivalyam retreat is vegetarian resort and food is very delicious.
I just had a amazing stay at Kaivalyam, they also held cooking, yoga, meditation classes for their guest, which looks very impressive.
Owner of Resort Mr Joy and Harish Sir are very friendly and guides us in many ways.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Luxury rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Munnar offers plenty of good resorts but the main highlight of kaivalyam is that it is vegetarian resort.
Staff service is beyond excellence. I will give them 7 star rating as they were very helpful. They cooked special khicahdi n upma stuff for my 1 year old kid.
Food was very tasty. Beyond words. Very delicious and not too oily n spicy.
Rooms were neat n clean. We stayed in luxury rooms. View from Balcony was ultimate.
I cannot express my views in words for this resort. I just had a amazing stay at Kaivalyam.
Resort owner is also very friendly and advised us to visit best places in munnar.
If you are looking for veg resort than this is the best choice. The only thing is that I think the rooms are over priced.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family