All reviewshomely stayportuguese housemanager rajwifi signaltea and coffeeviva panjimnice hoteloccupantskettlefurnitureairportluxurygoaheartcasino
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Best place to stay with your family and friends. We got a very good deal due to off season. Rooms (washrooms) are neat and clean. It's an old property which they have maintained creatively. Very peaceful and comfortable. If you have your own vehicle (four wheeler) then parking could be a problem as it's inside the residential area. Over all great experience.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2018

My friend and I stayed in Mateus in mid-April for 4 nights. It is centrally located in the Old Latin Quarter of Panjim, a traditional Portuguese mansion that has been very well restored. At first there were a few complications with rooms, but it was sorted out very quickly, and the staff could not have been more helpful. Our room was very comfortable, with a good sized bathroom. The breakfast was amazing, both Indian and Continental were on offer, pancakes, paranthas, cereal etc.

The Manager was very hospitable, and helped us book our onward train travel as well as taxis to the airport and to Calangute beach.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel, if you want to stay in a rustic boutique hotel in Goa.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I would not even rate this property as a hotel it's a lodge for backpackers which has an entrance from a shady gully. No proper reception at the lodge the manager sits on a dining chair and a narrow staircase leads you to the cramped up rooms which are suffocating. The property is nowhere near to the pictures shown on various travel sites.The so called pool is a a small tank filled up with water which is surrounded by very filty hind side of delipidated buildings. Attached are the pictures for reference. Spoilt my day by booking this property.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in this heritage hotel with modern amenities. It's very clean and neat and staff including the Manager are very courteous. The heritage look with Mediterranean touch is awesome. Though situated in small place the weighted roof gives immense space to the occupants.
I would recommend couples families to experience this at least once. Being located in Panaji area we get very many choices of eateries near by too.
I would just suggest the management to have invertor installed in case of electricity failure and also improve on breakfast facility.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Me and my friend had stayed at this beautiful hotel after spendinf previous to nights at Antares; which was extremely unsatisfactory and disappointing btw.
We loved the rooms, the decor and the staff. They were very friendly and helpful and extremely pleasant. We stayed in the super deluxe room and were very happy with the cleaniness and general decor of the hotel. I have already recommended the place to a few of my friends! thank you Mateus!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends