“Great Chimborazo Climb”
Review of Julio Verne Travel

Julio Verne Travel
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Riobamba
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Dutch-Ecuadorian run travel company specialized in biking, trekking, climbing, Amazon jungle, Galapagos cruises and diving, tailor made round trips. We have professional guides, top quality equipment and more than 20 years experience organizing adventure trips in Ecuador. We speak English, Dutch, Spanish.
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I booked a private tour to climb Chimborazo. Popkje, the owner has always been very responsive and helpful. Even months before my arrival. She also recommended places at high altitude to stay for acclimatisation. Paul was my guide and was very professional. He helped me with everything and took me up to the summit on his birthday, which will by far be my favourite day in the mountains. In general I got treated like a princess from everyone on the tour. The gear was also great and when I accidentially left a rented pant at the refugio, Popjke did quickly call them and it was no problem for them at all to go get them whenever they had to go up there for the next tour. Thank you again for this!

JulioVerneTravel, General Manager at Julio Verne Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Sarah, many thanks for review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Chimborazo Climbing tour with Julio Verne Travel. Today we will send you the Summit Certificate as proof that you reached the closest point on earth to the sun!

All reviews
"climb"
in 11 reviews
"summit"

Reviewed 24 December 2016

We met Popkje six years ago when we were in Riobamba. She helped us to put together a last minute package to the Galapagos. We had such a wonderful time and decided to return this December.
Once again, we had little planning. But I was smart enough to dig up the old file and found Popkje's contact. Within four days, she found us another perfect tour with good price. Followed up with every detail. We couldn't be any happier. Thank you!

Reviewed 26 October 2016

I thoroughly recommend Julio Verne Travel for your adventure. My friend and I (each over 50 years old) cycled the Hidden Valley ride. The date was not highlighted on their website but they were great in arranging the ride, picking us up and dropping us back at our central Riobamba hotel, following our cycling carefully and creating a delicious and nutritious lunch as well as being very knowledgeable about the area. Fantastic experience.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We did the 3 day Inca Trail trek, as well as a day hike, with Julio Verne. Everything was extremely well organized and the guides and equipment were great. And the food - healthy and extremely hearty portions, with a terrific cook! I had emailed Popkje many times before arriving, and she was always responsive and helpful. I have already recommended Julio Verne to my traveling friends.