“Great dive!!”

Chris Z's
Ranked #173 of 988 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had planned on eating at another place but only parking available was in Chris Z's so we decided to give it a try. It was great. Old school diner feel in a dive local. The burgers and dogs were very good. We travel to Bham often for medical treatment we will definitely be back

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We ordered The Big Nasty (HUGE), Omelet Z (loaded meat omelet), & Smoked Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Biscuit. It was all delicious! To be honest I picked this place because they had a parking lot (needed on that day) (as opposed to street parking), which is hard to find in Birmingham! But I am so glad we chose this one. The staff was phenomenal! Diner atmosphere with great food. We will be back.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

All you need to know is the BIG NASTY. It was awesome. It's basically everything that is good in this world on a single plate. It feels like one of those things someone from one of those eating shows would come and do an episode about.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I have heard a few things about this location across ish from the St Vincents hospital. The other morning I decided to swing by for breakfast. On their menu board there is a thing called a big nasty. I did not go all in as it was only my first visit. I decided to go a bit more common and did a Breakfast Platter. 2 eggs your way (I had scrambled with cheese) a meat (I chose smoked sausage) and a side like hash browns or grits (I chose Hash browns) and a biscuit or toast. (I chose toast) and a drink.

The eggs were not the powdered kind or out of a carton type they were from a chicken an cracked an cooked 8 feet away from me by a kid who I'm thinking could work that grill one handed and blindfolded! He must have had 10 orders going all at once and never skipped a step! (another way I judge food places... the busier the better!) There were at least 10 more folks behind me PLUS most all of the seated areas were taken. That being said the staff that was there (3) were on fire! and they looked like the really loved what they were doing. But I digress... The eggs were not runny but not dry they were perfectly cooked. The smoke sausage was perfect some places will either under cook or burn them in my experience. The toast was... well, toast nothing special here. HOWEVER, the hash browns! The hash browns were HUGE!! and crispy on the outside and soft and buttery on the inside, Perfect! I will need to do further investigations as to just how good the Big Nasty is and let everyone here know my findings... pretty sure those findings will be 5 star like this breakfast was! ;)

OH, and to wrap this all up, my next meal was dinner! I didn't eat again until after 6! Chris Z's Breakfast will fill you up! At some point I need to skip breakfast and check them out for lunch. They showcased a "Blazer Burger" that looked AMAZING!! Thanks Chris Z's for a full stomach, happy taste buds and the perfect start to a great day!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I wish they were open later or maybe I should work Downtown just to be closer. They have the best grilled chicken sandwiches around.