US$70
US$55
  • Room Service
Yangshuo River Lodge(Yangshuo County)
US$54
US$52
Hidden Dragon Villa(Yangshuo County)
US$51
US$42
Yangshuo Mountain Nest(Yangshuo County)
US$60
US$57
Agoda.com
Alila Yangshuo(Yangshuo County)
US$249
US$235
Priceline
Wada Hostel (Yangshuo)(Yangshuo County)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$15
Hostelworld.com
  • Restaurant
Yangshuo Mountain Retreat(Yangshuo County)
US$49
US$42
Yangshuo Wada Hostel by Yulong River(Yangshuo County)(Great Value!)
US$16
US$13
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Andi Inn(Yangshuo County)(Great Value!)
US$36
All reviewsli riverminute walkkarst mountainsbeautiful locationchinese foodhire bikesbest of both worldsthe hustle and bustletown centrethird floortaxi rideweek tripstayed nightslocal beerrooftop terracepeaceful retreatfive star hotel
Reviewed 4 June 2018

I stayed here for five nights while photographing the Yangshuo area. I hated leaving! The hotel is charming. My room faced the Li River and I could see it from my room. The staff was lovely. The owner was there every day making sure that everything was taken care of. I didn't use the pool, but many guests did. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Alf E, Manager at Li River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Leslye K,

I love watching keen photographers getting up early to catch those special moments. Each day sounded like an adventure for you and you seemed to have great experiences while in this area.

It was lovely having you stay with us. Best of luck with your next photography destination.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We spent three nights there in late May when travelling to Yangshuo. The hotel is well decorated and gives me a strong sense of relaxation, not many do in China. As told, the hotel was renovated two years ago. We are assigned a room in the third floor facing the river.

The room is over 500 sq.ft., and have all necessities that I would expect when travelling in leisure. It is clean and the bed is comfortable. Wifi signal is strong as well, but certainly when we wanna to surf overseas websites, it is another story.

There is a restaurant, Amy's, that is open the whole day. We take breakfast and two dinners there during our stay. The quality is good and the price is reasonable. Both Chinese and Western food could be found, though not a very comprehensive menu, so no worry that all requirements could basically be satisfied.

The hotel is a 30 minutes walk to the West Street, or just a few minutes by car that could be arranged at the hotel. We asked the hotel to get a private car with driver that can take us to the some tourist spots in one day and the experience is good. On the day of check-out, transportation is also arranged smoothly.

Staffs are friendly but it seems to me that they are a bit green and not knowledgeable enough. All in all, the stay is good.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Alf E, Manager at Li River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear KanMacau,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We did rebuild the hotel and the new version came with bigger rooms so that our guests could be more comfortable.

We are also glad that you enjoyed your meals. We do work very hard to get good meals out at all times.

Hopefully you will be back one day for another visit and we hope to see you then.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

This boutique hotel is loaded with charm and the friendly staff is warm and engaging. Angel, who works the front desk, truly was an angel and Alf was helpful in arranging reliable transportation from the airport. He was also very quick to respond to my emails prior to arrival.

We ate every meal on-site at Amy's Restaurant. If weather allowed, we loved sitting outside on the patio taking in the karsts peaks. The Chinese dishes were some of the best we had during our three weeks in China. Favorites included the stir fried eggplant, green beans, Szechuan beef, Orange duck, and the dumplings. I was really excited to try the local beer fish specialty. Unfortunately, it had too many bell peppers and I didn't care for it; however, I have read others love it. But forget the food, lets talk about their margaritas for a minute! OMG…they're awesome! Served in a martini glass with a shaker, be forewarned, they do not skimp on the tequila!

As fabulous as this place is, there were a few glitches and lack of amenities which kept me from rating it a 5 star:
1. The amenities: Do not come expecting down pillows, robes or slippers, an iron or ironing board, conditioner, or even a bar of soap for that matter. There IS shampoo and soft soap; however, they are not labeled and you can't tell which is which. I found the Green Tea toothpaste rather charming; however, the toothbrush fell apart and I spent the next 20 minutes trying to floss the bristles out of my teeth! While I never missed the robes and slippers, an iron is a necessary travel essential when living out of a suitcase. But more importantly, I missed having a coffee pot/and or free coffee in the lobby. Out of 7 hotels in China, this was the only one we had to pay for a hot cup of Joe! (Sorry, instant coffee doesn't count!)
2. The lack of Security needs to be addressed: We could not get the safe in our room to close/work properly. We personally spoke to Alf regarding this issue and he told us he would look into it; however, we never heard back. Furthermore, we wanted to enjoy our last day in Yangshuo before departing for Guilin. This meant checking out of the hotel and leaving our bags there while we ventured off for the day. Most hotels have a security closet where your bags are kept until you return. On the contrary, our bags literally sat next to the entrance all day (doors wide open) and anyone could have walked out with one of our bags.
3. Prior to arrival, I specifically asked Alf how we could purchase advance tickets for the Liu San Jie Impression Light Show. I was very nervous that the seats I wanted would sell out. He reassured me it would not be a problem to wait and that I could purchase the tickets when I got there. We arrived to the hotel by 1:00 pm and sure enough, the seats I wanted were sold out! We had no choice but to purchase less desirable seats. Thankfully, the cheaper seats worked out fine.
4. A STRONG smell of curry woke me out of a dead sleep both mornings by 5 am. Our room was directly over the front desk/lobby. Don't get me wrong, I love a good curry dish, but it's rather nauseating at 4:45 AM after a few margaritas the night before! They need to invest in a good fan system as the smell wafts straight into that room!
5. Service: Last but not least, was the lack of service during dinner before departing for Guilin. We had ordered Szechuan among other things and didn't have anything to wash it down. In fact, our drinks didn't arrive until we were nearly done with our meal. Super irritating considering my friend ordered a bottle of beer! (How long does it take to pop the top off?!) And even more so, because Alf stopped by our table to chat and was fully aware that we had nothing to drink! While I thoroughly enjoyed his conversation, I was really quite baffled at the nonchalance and lack of urgency regarding the service.

With that said, these were really nothing more than minor annoyances. I fell in love with this hotel for it's charm, it's staff, and it's amazing views. I enjoyed every minute I spent here. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018
Alf E, Manager at Li River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear tennhotsauce,

Thank you for your detailed review. We have gone through each point with our staff and we will work hard on improving each aspect of our hotel. Our aim is to keep getting better and better.

We hope to see you here again one day.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We spent 3 days in this peaceful, very comfortable and very friendly resort and did not regret a minute of it! Extremely friendly personnel (including the owner), very nice and comfortable room (no mini bar as the only improvement suggestion), and a fantastic location and view.
Possibly the only remark is the restaurant: the breakfast was OK though a bit "fast food-like". We had dinner once and went for Chinese food which was good though not excellent. But what was sort of surprising was the extension of the western-like menu. Why offering 10 types of pizza in the middle of China. I do understand that families with kids may appreciate that but with such wonderful local food, the accent should be on the local produces. But overall a very good to excellent resort.

Room Tip: go for the rooms with river view
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Alf E, Manager at Li River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear riccardofodde523,

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Just to respond to your comments on our menu, we do believe that our local dishes are top notch, but since we get people from so many different countries and covering every age group, we have an extensive menu to cater to this. I personally love the dishes with the fresh vegetables that we get daily. We also bake our own bread and make our own yogurt and every dish is made after it is ordered, so it comes out fresh and tasty.

Anyway, it was great meeting you and if you ever come through this region again, we would love to have you stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We had nice stay at the Li river Resort. Staff is super helpfull and friendly. Most of them speak english. Very nice & clean rooms.
Nice pool and location. We rented bikes to go to the city center.
The tours were little pit rushed and tourguides did not speak english, which was little pit confusing in some moments. Otherwise great stay!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Alf E, Manager at Li River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear 42sarahralph,

Thank you for these lovely words. I like that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. They are such a lovely team that want the best for each of our guests.

We hope to see you here again one day.