“Lovely non-touristy trip”

Jack's Private Tours
Ranked #1 of 42 Tours in Yangshuo County
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jack's Private Tours specialize in private guided tours in and around Yangshuo area which covers the guided tour in Guilin,Yangshuo,Longshen and southeast of Guizhou province,All of our tours are private,customized and based on your own interests,needs and our recommendation. We carefully select reliable and experienced tour experts and suppliers to work with together, So that ensure you will spend a safe,smooth and memorable trip with us along the way!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We asked specifically to avoid touristy places and we got what we wanted. Jack has a good level of English, is very friendly and knows great places you wouldn't visit without a guide.

All reviews
"detailed itinerary"
"beautiful photos"
"limestone karst"

Reviewed April 13, 2018

Jack was so amazing and helpful! I am really bad at planning and called him at 7am the morning of (note to others: don’t be like me!) and he was so understanding and helped me set everything up. I am an only an amateur hobbyist photographer but I managed to get some amazing shots of the cormorant fishermen with Jack’s help. To anyone looking for a guide in Yangshuo I highly recommend Jack!

Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

Jack took four of us on a one-day tour that featured a bicycle tour, two raft trips, a hike up a mountain, an impromptu drive down a narrow rutted mountain road, a terrific lunch in an ancient restored village inn, a hair-raising tuktuk ride through a snarled traffic jam, and miles and miles of amazing scenery. Despite all the activities, the day never felt rushed. Jack knew a lot about all the areas we visited. He managed to keep the day flowing smoothly despite issues with the weather and traffic. He was smiling and pleasant and patient all day long. His services are well worth the price.

1  Thank westernsje
Jackzhou, Owner at Jack's Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Dear westernsje

Thanks very much share with your genuine review.

Your trust on me and choose to work with me is really appreciated. In return, I will never make you disappointed!

I certainly know that It’s quite easy for the tourists to do the visits and activities on their own or just work with the hotel staff. But, being a local tour expert, If I just provide the same services and tours which 90% local tour operators or hotel staff could organize, It make no sense for the tourists to pay a little bit more to do the same through me.

It rather saying invests an once-in-a-lifetime travel experience than just saying one organized tours! So, Start from email correspondences prior the trip to the guided tours take place in reality, I will ensure each step go smoothly and totally under control. Besides, all of my partners like drivers,hotel & restaurant staff and activities suppliers will try their best to make my customers happy and satisfied along the way, So that,My customers will feel safe, smooth and enjoyable all the time. As a result, Every penny my customers paid is definitely valuable and worthwhile.

Besides the characteristics like friendly, reliable and experienced, an excellent tour guide should also own enthusiastic,optimistic and energetic characteristics while guiding the tours! Enjoying my work is the same as enjoying my life! I am very pleased that I could collect these like-minded local partners to serve the like-minded worldwide tourists!

All the best!

Jack Zhou

Reviewed April 8, 2018

Jack was at our hotel reception at the time agreed with a large warm smile. He and his driver travelled 1 1/2 hours from Yangshuo to take us to the Longji Rice Terraced Fields and would have to travel 1 1/2 hours home after our tour a long day for them. We had a lovely trip visiting Golden Bamboo Village,
Xiaozhai Yao village, hiked from view point 1 to 2 at Ping'an Village, more of a walk then a hike which lovely views as well as visiting Ping'an village to see the impact of tourism on the local village. The english tour, tolls, gas, water and lunch was included. Lunch was a nice sample of local food but not very spicy, we would have liked to have sat with Jack and ,Mr. Sou, our driver during lunch as we felt kind of lonely eating by ourselves but understand perhaps they wanted their own private time. We had a lovely day visiting the rice fields with Jack and appreciated his enthusiasm throughout.
Thanks Jack!!!