“The Oracle of Yangshuo ”

Jack's Private Tours
Ranked #1 of 42 Tours in Yangshuo County
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jack's Private Tours specialize in private guided tours in and around Yangshuo area which covers the guided tour in Guilin,Yangshuo,Longshen and southeast of Guizhou province,All of our tours are private,customized and based on your own interests,needs and our recommendation. We carefully select reliable and experienced tour experts and suppliers to work with together, So that ensure you will spend a safe,smooth and memorable trip with us along the way!
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

My wife, son and I visited Yangshuo in late December. We had heard about Jack Zhou through TA and word-of-mouth. We have both English speaking and Mandarin speaking members of our family. He is extremely conscientious and passionate about what he does. Highly educated he delivered history, culture, environmental and photographic expertise. His love for this region shows in his attention to the details. He is a consummate professional with careful selection of drivers and touring vehicles. He is well worth his fee, because you don't just get a tour, you receive an education!

Jackzhou, Owner at Jack's Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Thanks very much for your beautiful words! I have to say that your family is marvelous with legend story!

Work is a very important part of my daily life, I do love what I like to do!

It’s a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world with different background and thoughts while being an English speaking tour guide, So that we can interact with each other by our different culture and knowledge, being inspired and encouraged all the time!

This belief always accompany with me to do my work better and better!

Jack Zhou

"detailed itinerary"
"beautiful photos"
"limestone karst"

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Let me start by saying never met Jack, he was booked up so he lined me up with an alternate guide. Jack set-up for me a very full day guided tour focused on best locations for photography and we hit spots all over the place that I could never find through roads I would never want to drive on ;-). I was beyond impressed at the locations we got too, I have attached some pics here and theres more on my instagram @Patrickhulley. Point of my review is I was so pleased to have made this connection and highly recommend the service!

1  Thank Patrick H
Jackzhou, Owner at Jack's Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thanks sharing your authentic travel experience and wonderful photos on Tripadvisor!

The people I worked with are all like-minded photographer enthusiasts, So that It's very easier and smooth to achieve my customer‘s wish and lots of fun!

I have been exploring new places with amazing landscape as well as discovering local hidden culture for my customer! Your satification is always my goal!

Jack Zhou

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Our family of 6, 2 young boys 6 & 4, with grandpa and grandma, had a wonderful tour with Jack and driver Li. Our tour was for 5 nights. We took the high speed train from/to Guangzhou on arrival/departure and met them at the train station.

Some highlights from our tour included Long Ji rice terrace, reed flute cave, Li river cruise, bamboo rafting along the Yu Long river, climbing Xiang Gong Shan to view the Li river and the karst landscape, the various viewpoints of Yangshuo & the Impression Liu Sanjie night outdoor show.

Throughout the tour, Jack was helpful and connected well with our group. He gave fascinating insights of the places we visited and recommended places for meals. He has a great knack with the camera and took many great shots of us. He went above his required service when he helped us collect a pair of sunglasses which we left at the shop for repair.

Would highly recommend Jack as a tour guide.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

After I first heard about Jack from one of the renown photographers on Flickr, I finally came across his website for plenty information he shared about Guilin.
After the trip I felt that I should share some of my thoughts about Jack.

1) Prompt response. Jack always demonstrated courtesy and concern when dealing with enquiries from us. I would always got his responses as soon as he could make himself available from his clients.

2) Seasoned guide. He used past experience and knowledge in order to come up with the best recommendation in relation to the program. We had gone through many revisions to the program which Jack was extremely dedicated in making suggestions.

3) Encouraging and understanding. As photographers we would expect the perfect weather but Guilin might sometimes be very disappointing. Jack, however, was very optimistic and encouraging (still realistic).

4) Dedicated and talented. He himself is a dedicated and talented photographer. He prepared us well in advance in relation to the shooting condition for each setting. He even shared his knowledge as to how to set up the camera for the best outcome to make sure that we all got the best.

5) Generosity. Jack was kind enough to carry tripods (at least 3) for our group members to reserve the best shooting spots at the hill summits (Cuiping, Xianggong (twice) and Laozhai).

All in all I definitely recommend Jack as your tour guide (especially for those who are interested in photography). You can feel at ease when Jack is around!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I cannot say enough good things about Jack. We spent a whole day with Jack, we biked we hiked, we ate, we took great pictures and we learned a ton about the local culture. My kids talk about Jack and the time we spent together more than just about anything else on our trip. For one his English is great, he also knows the local culture very well and he kept us away from the crazy busy touristy areas. The 8 or 9 mile bike ride he took us on was so much fun and so interesting that we tell our friends about it all the time. One final point about Jack, he was really easy to work with. It was super hot when we were there and he modified his schedule so that we could relax at the hotel during the heat of the afternoon then came back to pick us back up at the hotel for one late afternoon tour. Seriously, if you can hire Jack, do so, you will not regret it.