All reviews mosquito net meet other travellers top floor bed was comfortable nice guesthouse great bar dorm room would definitely stay here again hot water tuk tuk driver fan balcony bus cambodia visa circus boss
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Great location, cozy interior, nice atmosphere but customer service needs some improvement.

I would love to give this place the highest possible score but unfortunately the boss lady's ability to receive customer feedback is terrible. I got into a fight with her first after making a request to make more space for e-visa numbers (12 digits) on registration form. She insisted that I should have gotten a visa sticker with shorter visa number which is not the case with e-visas.

Secondly I gave feedback about the restaurants hot porridge which was served to me without cooking it first as the rolled oats very completely raw and not even warm. She wouldn't listen but insisted it had been cooked. Then she went on about not cooking it for 30 minutes would have taken too long. Very strange as oat porridge takes 5 minutes to cook to perfection. Such a stupid argument!

I signed out after the argument as I had only just checked in. No trouble with refund. It's unfortunate that this time we didn't click on personal level. I'm sure some customers might have been totally content with the service.

My tip is to let the boss lady be right. Sadly this is something I could not have done in this situation.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Dorm on the groundfloor was dark and not really clean. One fan was very loud, so i had to turn it off at night, then it got very hot. When you have to go to the toilet at night, there are cockroaches. They are running around in the restaurant outside on the pavement, too. One guy had one in his bed under the moskito net! Shower and toilet on the groundfloor was not nice anyway. The ones in the first floor were okay. On the first floor seemed to be a nicer dorm too, but i never saw anyone there, although it was booked out (when i came they told me, it's the last bed).
But the people working there are very nice and friendly (i didn't meet the owner) and the restaurant is a good place to meet other travellers. But I would not recommend sleeping there.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

This is my second time in Battambang, this place is mess up with all backpackers, dirty bathroom, and I need to share it with drunk people who drink all nights , this is very annoying. The staffs were not friendly, overall I will not return back to this place.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2017

This place is a dump - can't even say it was worth it for one night because I barely got any sleep that night. Restaurant area is funky and fun I guess, and the staff are very friendly and outgoing, but at least the rooms on the first floor/loft are crap, the bathrooms are dirty, there's no AC or hot water, the fans in our loft room were SUPER loud, the music from the restaurant/bar can be heard until late at night, and I hit my head like 20 times in our tiny little loft room because the ceilings are so low. Pay a few more bucks and go elsewhere really. The location is nice, but we saw much nicer places in the vicinity that we didn't see online. It was a mistake to book this place. I also hate the Indian cultural appropriation - we're in Cambodia, have a Cambodian theme for Christ sake.

Room tip: Just not the loft...
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed three nights. Beds are personal but in my opinion it was better than my bed at home! All the staff took excellent care of us. They even let me borrow their computer and organised a shuttle to our bus. It has a nice vibe and we made some American friends going to the circus. A very lovely and affordable place to stay. Not a bad thing to say!

Date of stay: November 2017