See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 29 September 2014

Basic hotel. Simple appointments, though old, unrenovated. Very spacious room, fairly quiet at night. Lobby is office-like and charmless. Staff attentive, helpful and accommodating, particularly when we were running late to a World Cup game. Buffet breakfast adequate range and quality, not extensive. Central location near to administrative buildings and some tourist attractions. Area is fairly run down, poor dining/nightlife options nearby. Price was very expensive, though expected as it was the World Cup.

Despite the attentive service, I would be very unlikely to stay here again given the location and simple, dated decor. I would preference accommodation options in Cidade Baixa.

DETAILS: Group of friends, 3 males, mid-20's. 1 night in a private triple room with bathroom, breakfast included. June 2014 (n.b. DURING WORLD CUP). Paid US$330 total (i.e $330/night).

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
012gabriel, Gerente at Duque Center Hotel Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Tanks for your give us your opinion. We hope see you again with excellent prices,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were here for a match and only stayed here for one night.
The hotel is a two star. The hotel looked like it did some updating but not enough for an average look and definitely no wow factor. Seeing it was winter, the hotel was cold. The breakfast area was cold.. not sure why they didn't turn on the heat. The sitting area where the flat screen tv is on the lobby floor was not warm either. It was dark and uninviting. The breakfast was not that good either.

The elevator was old school and didn't even look like an elevator from the outside. The hallways to the rooms from the elevator were cold, they had the window opened for no good of a reason. Our room was below average. The flooring in our room was all tile. lucky thing I brought flip flops to wear so I wouldn't touch the cold tiles. Thankfully the heater worked so it warmed the room up nicely. They had a nice flat screen tv in each room. The wifi signal was weak in our room. I didn't care bc I had a data plan that I purchased from Vivo. The bathroom was cold, it had a window and that too was opened, of course I shut it. It also needs some updating and improvements. The room is however, very big and has a little balcony. The location of the hotel was alright. I definitely wouldn't go back to this hotel or come back to Porto Alegre. The shopping around the hotel on the streets were just all junk. Ventured off to one mall close by but it had nothing to offer, except a grocery store that I bought chocolates from for souvenirs and sat at a cafe for a nice cappuccino which was very tasty.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The hotel is in the central area of the city and it's easy to move around.
The room I stayed in was really good and a big one. It was turned to the street and had a little balcony.
The staff when I arrived was prestative. I only stayed for one day and left really early in the morning, and the man with whom I checked out of the hotel was a little sleepy and in a bad mood.
I unfortunately didn't get a chance to have some breakfast, but it was good that it was included in the room fee.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thanks for you words, we hope see you again.
Funny the sleep man !

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Good localization in the center of Porto Alegre City, helpful staff and amazing expresso coffee for the breakfast. I just was desappointed cause the photos in their website was far away from what the rooms are in the reality. Except for the 1st floor rooms, the rest is really old. Cost-benefit is ok, if you won't stay longer.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thanks . The photos in our website has the 2 types rooms , executive and standard ,
we don't know which one you choose.
Hope see you soon and we give you upgrade for the executive room. Remenber us.

Reviewed 17 August 2010

We arrived just an hour before the check in time, and the entire hotel was almost unnocupied, although the receptionist was rude and told us that we had to wait because our room was being cleaned - in fact, later, it was still dirty. The furniture was very old, and the spring mattress was incredibly bent, so I felt a terrible back pain in the morning.
The breakfast was poor, some cookies seemed really expired and fusty.
The hotel staff were rampant to give us some general information about the city.
So when you travel to Porto Alegre, avoid such little hotels in city centre, there are very better choices with same fares.

Date of stay: April 2010
4  Thank DoctorBiktor
012gabriel, Proprietário at Duque Center Hotel Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

We are sorry about you problems , but now the hotel has a new owner and new employs.
We change all maitress and furniture and hope see you soon .

Vera