“Superb massages”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Espaco Nirvana
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

They are lovely and very good on massages, they could relieve a pain pn my shoulder in one deep massage! And the foot massage is also georgeous. Thanks!

Reviewed 7 June 2016

This was a great place to visit for yoga. There was no English speakers, however the class was easy to follow and the people were very nice. If you go, however, it is a bit confusing to find because it is in the Jockey Stadium. If you see the sign over the wall go to the right and you will find an entrance on your left that is for pedestrians.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Espaco Nirvana is an amazing day spa I came across on my trip to Brazil. I was suffering from some major jet lag as I'm an American and it was the perfect solution for it! They offer so many services including the jet lag massage which clearly fit the bill perfectly. The only complaint I have it there are sooo many options, it's hard to choose from! Just ask your hotel concierge where this spa is, as mine knew it well and gave a glowing recommendation for it.

2  Thank Desiree B
Reviewed 15 May 2013

‘Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer’. And this is what I and my best friend totally believe in. Last month we visited Rio de Janerio and it is just one of the most awesome city you can visit to relax and have fun with your best friend. In Rio de Janerio we experienced the best beaches and exciting vibrant festivals which I will never forget as long as I live. But all this would have been impossible to experience if we hadn’t had a great jet lag massage at Espaco Nirvana the very first day of our visit.
We had a total 13 hour flight to reach Rio and we were totally exhausted. So the moment we reached the hotel and checked into our room we took a nap. Even after sleep we felt exhausted so we decided to get ourselves a massage. We asked our hotel concierge for recommendations and he suggested we go to Espaco Nirvana which was near to where we were staying. But he failed to inform us that it closes by 4 pm.
Anyways we reached Espaco Nirvana just an hour before closing time. We were pleased with the ambience of this day spa. It was simply perfect with modern ambience, clean and neat to make you feel relaxed. There were a lot of massage options for us to choose from but since we were experiencing jet lag we instantly decided to have a jet lag massage. With the jet lag massage all of our neck, back, hips and leg muscles relaxed. The massagist was skilled and communicative. The whole massage and modern ambience of Espaco nirvana was very soothing and I wish to try their other massage services some time in future.
But the only thing about this day spa is that it closes at 4pm so make sure that you get there before 4pm to experience the best massage. And it is especially ideal for first day to recover from jet lag.

3  Thank Lauren7777_14
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 May 2013

In the hustle and bustle of busy neighborhood Gávea, close to the Botanical Gardens, is this oasis of peace and tranquility. A space of well being with no less than three aclimatized yoga/ matpilates/stretch rooms, as well as a spa with all kinds of therapies, a restaurant and "green" shop. After a day on the beach, or before a trip to see the orchids at the Botanical Gardens, make Nirvana your "must have done before leaving Rio". You'll have so much more to bring back home!

3  Thank FridaRiodeJaneiro