“Dinner at Banana Jack”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Reviewed 19 July 2018

It was fairly quite on the evening I visited. Cocktails were good but food fairly ordinary. It just feels like a chain restaurant - nothing exciting.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend visited the restaurant and I ordered the chicken pasta (frango) and she ordered a vegetarian burger. When the food came out I got a tuna sandwich so I told the waitor but he said that was the chicken pasta (pasta is not pasta he told me, it is paste). So I ate it anyways and then when we got the bill it said ”tuna”... My girlfriend also paid 35 R$ for a really bad veggie burger. So we were really disappointed.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I went on the Internet to look for a good hamburger place in Ipanema near the park as I know it would be busy (f;ea market and music). I selected Banana Jack. When I got there, I decided to order an order of Hot Wings. My order came and it consisted of 13 pieces (drumettes) with 3 different dipping sauces. I took a bit of one without any sauce and it was hot and juicy and fully cooked. I finished every last one and they were all JUICY and very Tasteful. I sat at the bar and and the service was GREAT that was on the 11th February. -- I decided to go the following week and this time I sat in a booth. I ordered the Hot Wings again and they didn't disappoint me, They were JUICY and TASTY. I also ordered an order of FRIES which was sent back as they were cold. They were replaced with another order but they were just WARM. I WASN'T IMPRESSED with the Fries at all. HOT WINGS were the BEST I've have ever Had. My server was Adriana and she was pleasant, helpful and a GEM. (( She gave me excellent service even using her cell phone to translate for me ))

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We went for an early dinner to banana jack. It's an American style restaurant but with Brazilian influences. We were the only ones at the time being. Waitress was really kind. We ordered pasta and mini hamburgers for the kids and we adults ordered a plate for 2 with several kinds of meat. We got fries and rice. The meat was a bit over baked and the fries were way too soft. The chikdren meals were quite expansive compared to the adult meals.

1  Thank Ramses K
Reviewed 16 July 2017

A long ago the restaurant used to be excellent. Today the service sucks, with rude and unapologetic waiters. The food leaves much to be desired and takes a long time to get ready. Terrible, would not recommend to anyone.