“Disappointing ”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I have been a huge fan of Amado for many years. I don’t know if they changed owner, chef, or something else happened, but this last visit was disappointing beyond belief.

The place was not full, I would say 40% occupancy. Everything we ordered took forever to arrive. My sister ordered a gnocchi with ragu sauce which she ordered every time we went there. It was inedible, hard as if it had dried in an oven.

She asked the maitre to take it back and he tried to explain that it was like that. We had never seen him before so he was new.

Finally she settled on a ravioli with green apple slices and brie, which was pretty bland.

My plate was ok. We has water and a juice to drink and the bill was more expensive than usual.

So the quality goes down as the price goes up - you know what is next? I don’t return for a good while.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,383)

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Dinner with my girlfriend (she is native from Bahia) during early June.
The place is nice, almost perfect with very sophisticated details. In one word : classy.
The dinner was very good and with some very interesting variations which surprised also my girlfriend.
The wine list was good , but there is room to improve here : no sparkling italian wines like, for example Franciacorta.
The choice was for a Brazilian white wine (with medium/high price) and it was good. In this side the experiment was good.
Quantity of each food was adequate (even if slightly moderated) .
The atmosphere was OK even during that night there was a dinner with many people on the same table and that did not help it.
Price level was one of the highest in Salvador, but it was exactly what we were expecting.
Why I rated 3 stars only ?
Two main reasons :
1) Level of service not in line with the classy and charming place : when we arrived, immediately the waiter asked what we wanted to drink. Not only water, but what kind of wine ! Sorry, but in Europe this is one of the basics : the choice of the wine must be done after your dishes choice, not before !!!
2) Parking place not free of charge : I paid 25 Reais for 2 hours in the parking of the restaurant and nobody informed in advance me when we arrived there and we parked the cars. With that cost you are on the same level of most expensive European cities and that is really without sense.
If they will increase their service levela and they will leave the parking free for their guest, then they could reach a better rate.
Se you next year anyway !

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Seafood Risotto is amazing. Nice service and elegant venue. One of best dining restaurants in Salvador.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I went there for my mom’s birthday and our family gad a great time. We were there doe lunch and were able to appreciate the beautiful view. The food was delicious from start to finish. Two thumbs up!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Fancy restaurant with a great view, good food and service. There aren’t many veggie options but they are happy to create one if you ask them to. It’s a bit expensive, but worth the visit! Desert is delicious!

Been to Amado? Share your experiences!