See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 21 March 2017

I was in this hotel for a couple of nights (work related) and I would definitely not recommend it to anyone. Yes, the rooms are ok and as others have said "it gets the job done" but overall this hotel is overpriced (even for Manaus standards) for the accommodations and service they offer,

- The rooms are small but beds are comfortable and clean. I was sharing this room with co-workers and this is definitely a bad choice for this kind of accommodation. Bathrooms are made with glass doors that everyone can and hear what is going on inside.

- Price. The location is good but the hotel is extremely overpriced for what they offer. Wi-fi is very slow (when it works) and there is no breakfast included. You must pay R$20 p person for breakfast.

- Service. This is by far the worst part of the hotel. When I booked (by phone) I explicitly asked: "do you have breakfast in the hotel". The answer was: yes. No one told me that "yes, but I need to pay extra for that".

For reimbursement purposes I needed a receipt in my name. The receipt was not made immediately and was sent to my email. For my surprise the receipt was not in my name, but in the name of one of the guests with me, completely unrelated to the purchase. I have personally made reservations, check-in, payment, and request for the receipt. Why the receipt was made in the name of one of the people with me (random, as we were 8 people) is a mystery. I have contacted the hotel three times to fix this problem but I have received no answer.

I as extremely dissatisfied with the service provided and given that the price is high for an "ok" room, I will definitely not be going back to Hotel Express Vieiralves.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Rafaela B, Gerente at Hotel Express Vieiralves, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear Mr. Pedro,

Thank you for doing this review.
First I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for those inconveniences mentioned above. This is definitely not our standart of service.
We will be discussing in a meeting with operational sectors about the mistakes pointed out.
If you let us have a second oportunity to reverse this opinion and prove that what happened in this stay was atypical I would be very grateful.

Best regards,

(co-manager)

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Had only six hours in Manaus and needed somewhere to crash. Express Vieialves gets the job done: unexpensive, simple, clean. Wifi. Rooms VERY small, bed taking up almost all the space. Bathroom idem, with even the seat undersized. I'm 1.90 and had to move around carefully all the time. No soap in my apartment: don't know if this is standard or a glitch from the cleaning staff.

If you're in transit and just need somewhere to sleep for the night, consider this place, but also look at other options, even at the airport: taxis will charge you a hefty price back and forth into town, so paying a bit more for a room at the airport might be a good idea.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Rafaela B, Gerente at Hotel Express Vieiralves, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear Mr B,

Thank you for choosing the Express and for sharing your exprerience with other travelers.
We are pleased to know you were satisfied with our hotel. The missing soap was a mistake and we apologize for that, it is not our stardard.
We hope to see you again.

Best regards,

(assistant manager)

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed just for 2 nights. Clean, affordable and abt a 15 min ride to the airport. Wifi is alright, no free breakfast (which isn't worth the money at the restaurant next door.) Water in shower was cold, there were ants in the bathroom and the rooms are EXTREMELY tiny....But like I said, got the job done for our short stay in between our travels.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Rafaela B, Gerente at Hotel Express Vieiralves, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your guest exprecience at our hotel. We are very proud to have been chosen for your stay in Manaus. I saw that you had some unexpected issues during your stay at the Express. I guarantee that this is not our standart. I´d like to take this oportunity to apologize for any inconvenience (including the ants and cold water).

We look forward to receive you soon.

best regards,

(co-manager)

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after being in the Amazon for three so were glad of a clean Hotel. This hotel was nice with good wifi however the room was very small especially when you have luggage with you.

We didn't experience breakfast as we left very early the next day but there is a restaurant in the hotel if you want food.

The area that the hotel is in felt quite unsafe and also it was very polluted with lots of traffic. Would recommend using taxis.

Overall a good, cheap hotel

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Gerencia E, Gerente at Hotel Express Vieiralves, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your posting and thank the dedicated time. We were extremely happy to know we serve your expectations and we hope to welcome you again.

JEFERSON GREQUI - GERENTE OPERACIONAL

Reviewed 9 June 2015

This hotel is a little out of town but taxis are always available to take you around. It has a small kids club in the evening and a large restaurant with self serve at lunch time and menu at night.
Downside is that breakfast isn't included in the room rates

Staff on the desk are helpful and speak English

Rooms are neat, modern with a good TV and comfortable beds. Air conditioning and blackout blinds. Bathroom is tiny, but ok for a weekend. WIFI is weak in some areas of the hotel,

Although rooms are non smoking, the corridor had a stale smoke smell from residents who don't abide by the rules

Room Tip: Double rooms are small, the triple was much more spacious
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruth b
Gerencia E, Gerente at Hotel Express Vieiralves, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

Dear customer,

Iit's always great to receive comments like yours, which reflect the truth of our reality. It is good to know that our customers understand how we work and enjoy what we have to offer. Thank you and we hope you come again.

JEFERSON GREQUI - OPERATIONS MANAGER