Hotel Vila Vrbas
Hotel Palas(Banja Luka)
US$58
Hotel Bosna(Banja Luka)
US$82
Motel Nana(Banja Luka)(Great Value!)
US$34
Hotel Jelena(Banja Luka)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Motel Orthodox(Banja Luka)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspleasant changebuffet stylethe rivercity centregreat locationfortresssmokeparking
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I was staying at another hotel on the other side of the city, was absolutely having a nightmare being smoked out etc. I called this villa in the late night and they emailed me and responded quickly. They only had a room with two small twin beds, it was petite. My room was not over the side of the river and I could open my windows for fresh air. would have preferred the river view but it was clean, well use of the limited space and just what I needed. The villa has the restaurant has its highlight magnificent spacing and elegance and the river backdrop made even more beautiful. I could not resist going to the window every day to view the river. I wish I came in the summer where I could enjoy the out door dining by the waterfront. I was also fascinated by the use of space with the tree as a major part of the outdoor. Staff friendly and accommodating. Breakfast personalized and made to order. I had fruit salad and it came well decorated and displayed elegantly. I gave it a four because guest smoked in the restaurant and the villa is small and smoke rises. Some guests smoked in their rooms though they were not allowed to but it was not as over powering most days as my previous hotel. Hotels in Banja Luka and its neighboring country needs smoke alarms. If you have smoke free rooms, you cannot allow smoking in the lobby and floors below or above, or give ash trays in rooms. Smoke rises. Not much consideration for those who do not smoke and who have severe health challenges or allergies. They had a large restaurant and they opened the door to the patio on the river so air could come that's effort. I would stay here again. You even had bed slippers. You had the view of the fortress and easy access to town center.

Room Tip: Rooms across the river if you are seeking a great view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Very clean, well facilitated hotel next to all the attractions and amenities. The breakfast was good. It wasn't buffet style and you have to order from a menu, so things were made to order-which was a pleasant change. We stayed for a night passing through the town. We were surprised parking was only free for the night between 21:00-07:00.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I stayed here for one night only, in May, with a friend. It was a very last minute booking to allow us to escape a less than successful booking elsewhere. All the basics are covered: it's spotlessly clean, all the staff we dealt with were friendly and efficient (& had quite a bit of English) and there's parking. Everything worked - the shower, the air con etc.

What we especially liked: we had an apartment with 2 rooms, at the price of a twin, so it was huge! That said the proportions of the areas of the hotel seemed good, so I imagine all rooms pass this test. Secondly, this can't be beaten for location. It's on the river, opposite the fortress and so allows great views from the restaurant/breakfast terrace and (for us at least) our room. Moreover, 5 minutes over the bridge and you're in town. Also, it's on a lovely route for a riverside promenade besides the families and dog walkers. Having spent 2 days in Banja Luka, and time in a different hotel, I cannot imagine a better location.

What we disliked: Nothing! But if you're a light sleeper an/or want windows open, be mindful that if there is a festival on at the fortress (which I think happens often) it could be very loud. It was when we were there, but for us it didn't detract from the hotel's charm.

Stuff to know: breakfast isn't buffet, but there's plenty of choice to order and it's cooked fresh. So, sure, not as varied as a buffet, but for us a pleasant change to be served. The omelettes were massive and the coffee good, plus we ate outside over the river - a nice introduction to the day. Secondly this is an older style hotel, with solid furniture, it's not going to win design awards, but everything was well made, well maintained, super clean, fit for purpose and comfortable.

In summary. It's not boutique nor interesting in design terms, but it's solid, clean, charming, fantastic value and in a great location. If I was going back to Banja Luka I would make it my preferred place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Difficultbutworthit
Reviewed 1 January 2017

The hotel is nicely located, ten-minutes walk away from the city centre.

A comfortable and big room overlooking river Vrbas and the fortress across offered quiet sleep.

Breakfast appeared modest -- although one can order from a variety of items, a served breakfast cannot really compare with buffet style.

A smokers-friendly hotel, but without any noticeable odour in the room,

Free parking is available in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tomo B
Reviewed 29 November 2015

Lovely riverside location overlooking the old castle. Friendly staff. Very comfortable spacious room. Not the most extensive breakfast menu, but offers a good start to the day. Excellent value hotel. Only 5 minute walk to centre of town. Well worth trying if you are visiting BL. I'd happily return.

Room Tip: Room 2 or 12 are quiet. 3 has excellent view of river and castle
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business