Lowest prices for your stay
$69
View deal
Free cancellation until 12/08/22
Hotels.com
Expedia.com$70
eDreams
Agoda.com$79
All reviews lake michigan sound of the waves fire pit feel welcome motel balcony fires wisconsin microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2021 via mobile

This motel is just steps from the lake the view is amazing! Room had a nice patio, with chairs. There is a fire pit by the beach with chairs. The room itself was nothing great, outdated and the patio would not close tightly. The room clean and well kept. The closeness to the water and crashing of the waves is amazing

Room tip: Plenty of parking at your room door. Coffee and juice with prepackaged breakfast items
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2021 via mobile

My friend raved about this motel. I'm sure glad I listened to her. Our room faced the lake. The views were amazing! We were able to have a fire on the beach which was so relaxing. Bring your own wood. I slept well, listening to the sound of the waves. The bathroom needs a little TLC, but otherwise my stay was perfect. Would recommend this motel to my friends & family.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2021 via mobile

When you check in you are told not to open the patio door after dusk due to lake flies. Disappointing to hear, since I had a room facing the lake. I checked in around 3:30-3:45pm (not dusk) and opened the patio door (with the screen closed) for literally 30 seconds and the room and bathroom were filled with them - hundreds. I ran out and bought bug spray and still didn’t kill all of them. Only good thing is they seem to stay on the ceiling (while alive) but still gross. Even more gross was the lobby area - I guess I misunderstood that the room had no microwave, you have to use the one in the lobby. Went to warm up some food and flies (dead and alive) were INSIDE the microwave. I wanted to give 1 star because it was so horrendous but I get that it’s nature and out of the control of the motel owner. But I was pretty much grossed out the entire time I was in the room.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2021

Went here with my boyfriend for a door county vacation. From the moment we walked into the room we new we made a bad choice for a stay. There were cobwebs in the corner with dead bugs, floor looked like it hadn’t been vacuumed in a long time, sheets had large stains on them and there was pubic hair in the bathtub. My boyfriend went to the desk to complain about the room and the management was very nasty. The only thing this place had going for it was the view of the lake.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 710sandyq
jp jp, General Manager at Algoma Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2021

we never ever got any complain about your issues. and all our staffs are real go getter..

Reviewed August 4, 2021

We have stayed at this hotel many times and are always happy to return here. The view of Lake Michigan from the rooms is breathtaking. The hotel is right on the beach so it’s wonderful to be able to beach comb as well as go swimming. We also enjoy the ability to have a campfire and to simply relax. The Manager, Mack, goes out of his way to make you feel welcome.

Room tip: Choose a room with a beach view. Most of the rooms have this, but some don’t
Date of stay: July 2021

Hello Jeff
Thank you very much for your wonderful review about our motel. we really appreciate you for being our guest.