Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
$79
View deal
Free cancellation until 12/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews lake michigan sound of the waves fire pit feel welcome motel balcony fires wisconsin microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2021 via mobile

Amazing as always, the hotel has made some really nice improvements and how can you complain about a lake Michigan View from your own balcony. We have stayed here 4 times in 2 years and our room was improved so pretty. And the beach was so nice. So many people having fires at night.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
jp jp, General Manager at Algoma Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2021

Hello Cassi
Thank you very much for all your beautiful compliments. we really appreciate your time.

Reviewed July 22, 2021

I took my girlfriend to Chicago for her birthday and decided to take a side trip up to Wisconsin to explore the Door County area. We checked in around 8:30pm and left the hotel around 9:00pm to get drinks and dinner in the nearby town. We returned to the room around 2:00am to find that the room had been completely overrun by small black insects. It literally looked like something out of a horror movie, and the creepiest part is that all windows and doors were completely closed so the only explanation is that the creatures had come through a hole in the wall somewhere. We left the hotel in the dead of night and found accommodations elsewhere. I called the morning at 6am to explain the situation to them, they said they would call back. When I didn't hear back, I called again at 7:16am and was told I would receive a call back. At this point we left the town and went to green bay to get a room there. I called the hotel again at 2:02pm and was still given the runaround - that there was no manager available, and that a message had been left and that someone would call me... The next day on 7/13 I called the hotel again and was given the same run around. At this point I have yet to hear from the hotel and am now handling the situation with my bank.... I stay in many hotels, because I travel for work and my girlfriend and I love to travel. I have never in my life had such a terrifying and overall disgusting hotel experience in my life.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Brett_Atencio_Thomas

bugs can go inside the room only if you kept the door open . we kept saying you need to shut down the door right away after opening. thats only for 3 hours. from 9 pm to midnight. Thank you

Reviewed July 15, 2020

We enjoyed our 3 night stay that was very last minute. I was very happy with the room we were able to reserve being lakeside with a balcony. The accommodations and location were perfect and so close to town, you could walk down the beach or a beautiful path. The only thing I can say that was missing was a personal coffee maker in the room, however they do serve coffee in the lobby which is great tasting! We would definitely go back here to stay.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank 966allisonl
jp jp, General Manager at Algoma Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2021

Thank you Allison. we really appreciate your beautiful words about our motel.

Reviewed July 3, 2020 via mobile

Haven’t been to this place in over 20 years and boy o boy has it gone downhill. Old outdated and worn out mattresses with broken springs in them. TV in the room was almost 20 years old and had a terrible picture. Screen door was almost impossible to open without breaking it. The only positive was the view from the balcony if you had a lakefront room. The wreaked of mold the minute we opened the door upon check in. What this place needs most of all is for the new owners to spend some time and money and restore it to what it used to be as I’ve been coming to this town and this motel for the better part of the last 40 years.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel R

Daniel .. now its remodeled .. new floor, new paint new furniture's, and bathrooms done. you can plan soon to visit us again.

Reviewed September 24, 2019 via mobile

There is no beach anymore! It is washed away, with the lake being 2.5 ft high. Shore is now lined with rip rap (large rocks) Not what we expected. The Algoma city beach is still a great place. Easy to walk to from motel. The city crew did a great job keeping it clean. Very high winds and waves during our stay brought in lots of driftwood and tree roots.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

we got beach back 40 feet this year.. you can stop and check some time. Thank you