“Home. ”
Review of Battenkill River

Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Arlington
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I love the Battenkill! You can have a great time swimming, tubing, fishing, kayaking, and canoeing. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"fished"
"home"

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Every Fourth of July a group of my friends and I cruise the river. It's clean and beautiful. It's always a blast & locals are so friendly. Fishing is great too!

Reviewed 27 March 2017

I was struck by how peaceful and breathtakingly beautiful this river was. My teenage girls and I canoed and kayaked down the river and it was absolutely gorgeous! Saw a beaver swimming along side us which was very cool. I was also surprised at the lack of bugs! Great trip!

1  Thank ColleenPasko
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I walked along this river in late September, the weather was lovely, the path was mowed, but I've never seen so many mosquitoes & other flying, annoying bugs. And I'm no bug-phobe -- usually pretty tolerant. I enjoyed the view but this kept it from being a delight.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Famous as one of the best flyfishing rivers in New England, the Battenkill also has many wonderful swimming holes (including one just under the covered bridge in West Arlington) and many spots for putting in a kayak or tube. Highly recommended on a hot summer day!