“Peaceful”
Review of Battenkill River

Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Arlington
Reviewed 27 March 2017

I was struck by how peaceful and breathtakingly beautiful this river was. My teenage girls and I canoed and kayaked down the river and it was absolutely gorgeous! Saw a beaver swimming along side us which was very cool. I was also surprised at the lack of bugs! Great trip!

1  Thank ColleenPasko
in 4 reviews
"fished"
"home"

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I walked along this river in late September, the weather was lovely, the path was mowed, but I've never seen so many mosquitoes & other flying, annoying bugs. And I'm no bug-phobe -- usually pretty tolerant. I enjoyed the view but this kept it from being a delight.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Famous as one of the best flyfishing rivers in New England, the Battenkill also has many wonderful swimming holes (including one just under the covered bridge in West Arlington) and many spots for putting in a kayak or tube. Highly recommended on a hot summer day!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

As a retired Maine and Adirondack Guide, I can't say enough about the quality of this outfitter. They offer complete packages including put in and pick up and also offer a shuttle service for those with their own canoes or kayaks. The staff are very professional and are great about sharing their local knowledge. They also have a nice shop with quality canoes, kayaks, and gear.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We accessed the Battenkill from a camping area in Arlington called "Camping on the Battenkill." Because of its perfect combination of beauty, cleanliness, and handy local businesses for supplies, this campground and a 5 mile section of the river has accommodated our large group for over 20 years.