Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffetwould stay here againcomfortable bedthe rooms were niceclean hotelhotel is greathotel barcorner roomnice staybusiness tripdowntown areaconvenient locationjoshuaorybeatrizconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was the first time I had stayed at this hotel in Austin. I frequently go to Austin on business and stay at another hotel. However, we were having an All Team Meeting in Austin and this hotel was selected for the meeting. The conference rooms were plentiful and nice. My room was modern with lots of appointments. Some of my peers who had stayed here previously always mentioned the rooms have balconies. So I was thinking it was a balcony with patio furniture so you can sit outside which was not the case. My disappointments were check in is at 4 PM. I was in the line at 4:10 and they did not have enough rooms to accommodate our group. They have a full breakfast buffet including omelettes made to order that starts at 6:30. But again they appear did organized as the person who makes the omelettes is not prepared to start making them at 6:30. I will return to my primary hotel and use this one as a second option

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2018

Hotel was comfortable and quiet. Staff were nice and friendly and the breakfast was pretty good. All in all a good stay at the hotel. was only a stop over for one night and so was just what I needed. Close to the 290 entrance for ongoing travel back to Houston.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2018

I have stayed here many times before and have been treated like a Spire Elite member every time until yesterday. Yesterday at arrival I was given my keys and sent on my way when I arrived at my room I noticed that I was given a room next to the elevator. My number one preference is not to be placed near the elevators. I opened the room and I was given a two bed room after I requested a King non smoking. When I went to ask for a change of room I was informed that they did not have a king for my three days in Austin. The blonde host was unconcerned and rather uncaring that I had been placed near an elevator. She reluctantly moved me away from the elevator. I asked If I could be informed in advance if they could not meet my request she said that IHG should have notified me when I made my request. I think the hotel placed me in this room because I used my points to stay here. Last time I stayed here I was upgraded to a Suite now I am placed in a dump. Something is wrong!
I was very disappointed with the two ladies at the front counter they were uncaring and made no effort to listen to my concerns. I hope that I get better customer service next time I stay here.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello David V,

Greetings from Holiday Austin Midtown, we're always glad to host a loyal IHG Rewards Spire Elite member. I'm pleased to see your positive remarks for our hotel's cleanliness. On the other hand, I'm sorry to hear that this time, we missed to provide you with a stellar experience. While I understand your disappointments toward the room's location and unmet requests, as a gentle reminder, requests are subject to availability upon arrival when room inventory permits. However, be assured that your valuable feedback is shared with the team so similar situations are properly communicated and handled in the best possible way.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review. I hope we get to welcome you back soon for a chance to make your next stay better than the last.

Kind regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 13, 2018

stayed here 1 night and it was great I believe they have renovated or the Holiday inns are look like this because it was quite modern to be honest.
Bar on the bottom floor was nice too. Plenty of parking and you have a small balcony which is nice

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

Horrible customer service from front desk. Then when I asked. For a manager it was the lady on other side and she heard everything Barbara said and was doing and she failed to address the issue. I’ll never go back

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Hi Joey A B,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to read that the service level of our staff did not live up to your expectations. Please allow me to follow up on your concerns and have the opportunity to regain your faith in us. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information.

We value you as our guest and looking forward to your response.

Christian C.