“TERRIBLE SERVICE - LEFT WITHOUT EATING!”

B. D. Riley's Irish Pub & Restaurant at Mueller
Ranked #798 of 3,975 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Description: This second location of Austin-owned and operated B. D. Riley's was also designed and built in Ireland and assembled here by Irish craftsmen to create a truly authentic Irish Pub atmosphere and experience. Featuring a spacious shaded patio, cozy indoor seating with windows and doors that open to the tree-lined paseo to the East, the pub is a classy visual treat. B. D. Riley's serves up award-winning Fish & Chips and a full menu of other Irish specialties along with Perfect Pints™ of Guinness and local craft brews with friendly service and sparkling conversation. A trivia contest every Tuesday, a traditional Irish Tune Session each Thursday evening and live music on Saturdays provide many reasons to visit. Failte! Welcome!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived around 8PM and it not busy for a Sunday night. We ordered drinks and waited 30 minutes before the waiter came to take our order. We then waited another hour and no food came. We flagged down the waiter who's response was, "OH, YOUR STILL HERE?". He then went to the kitchen and started looking for the food to cook himself as it seemed the order was placed but never cooked. We got up and no one tried to stop us or asked why we were leaving. 4 people would easily have been a over $100 + tip. They didn't care. The floors were filthy and table was dirty when we sat down. First and Last time at this location.

JohnnyBDR, Owner at B. D. Riley's Irish Pub & Restaurant at Mueller, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

TXcowby
Disappointed to read of your recent unpleasant experience at our Pub. A glance at our review history will confirm your experience is not typical of our standards.
Any Time you are dissatisfied with service, food or beverage, a Manager is always on site to "Make it Right".
I apologize for letting you down, and hopefully you will give us another opportunity to prove we are much better than your recent visit would indicate.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I arrived wzy too early to meet my friend for a movie, so I walked around and ended up in this pub.

Nice vibe on a Saturday afternoon with plenty of beers & ciders on tap. Friendly staff, nice patio, plenty of sports screens, groovy mix of Celtic & throwback tunes.

I just wish this place was in my neighborhood!

JohnnyBDR, Owner at B. D. Riley's Irish Pub & Restaurant at Mueller, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Thx Wendy for the kind review.
Glad you enjoyed your time with us.
Drop by and see us again soon!
Cheers

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch for our two kids (4 and 6). They don’t have many low tables. They do have high chairs for little ones. My husband had the shrimp and chips and really enjoyed his meal. I ordered the chicken skewers. They tasted under cooked. They immediately made me a fresh plate. Still some pieces that tasted uncooked to me. So I didn’t finish it. It may have been the part of the chicken, I don’t know. I do want applaud them for doing their utmost best to fix the problem. Just a bad luck day. I would go back here. But likely won’t order that dish anymore.

Steve B, Owner at B. D. Riley's Irish Pub & Restaurant at Mueller, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your visit and your review. We appreciate the feedback. I am terribly sorry your chicken was unsatisfactory (twice). We are extremely careful with cooking and serving temperatures, especially with chicken, but clearly something was not right during your visit. The Skewers are a popular dish; I have discussed preparation standards again with the kitchen staff just in case. I appreciate your willingness to give us another chance and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

Nice place right on 6th street. Great staff, and good enough selection of beer. Lots of TVs and comfortable seating. I didn't get a Guinness, but they need to learn how to draught one better from what I saw. Good appetizers.

JohnnyBDR, Owner at B. D. Riley's Irish Pub & Restaurant at Mueller, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Thanks for the 5 stars. Glad your experience was enjoyable. Next time in try one of our pints of Guinness, with the liquid imported from St. James Gate in Ireland. We adhere to Guinness standards with sanitized branded gravity glasses, temp at 39 degrees, two part 119 second pour, and proud of the rim crown. If not satisfied we will gladly refund.
Thanks again for the rating and the 5 stars!
Slainte

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Really friendly staff, good bar food menu, superb 3 man group playing all types of music from country and western to Irish ballads.
We were a large family group of 16 and they accommodated us very well, including letting us have our own hoedown dance session.
One of our party even sang with the guys!!

JohnnyBDR, Owner at B. D. Riley's Irish Pub & Restaurant at Mueller, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Thanks so much for the kind review. We are pleased you and the group enjoyed your time with us in true “Pub” fashion. Visit again when next our way.
Slainte