1,148 results
All reviews double tree front desk warm cookies shuttle service small kitchen state capitol bedroom suite mile radius full size refrigerator living area valet parking within walking distance ut campus valet staff i highly recommend this hotel great place to stay business trip
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our family of five (10y.o, 17y.o. and 20y.o.) stayed in a queen suite. This is the one with the mini kitchen and separate living area than the beds. The room is exactly what we were expecting. It was clean, nice, and had a comfortable layout. The toilet ran, so we had to jiggle the handle. That only got a tad annoying. I am not a complainer. My low rating is due for other reasons. #1 the pool was too cold to enjoy. #2 The hot tub was empty and hadn't been running for some time. I picked this place bc we wanted to soak in the hot tub while our boys swam. None of that happened. Huge disappointment! #3 The parking situation is deceptive. They state that you get parking for $18/day. NOT!! You can park somewhere else for that price (nearby) but it doesn't let you come and go for $18. It will charge you each time you leave. Once we understood that, we passed. The valet is $35/day, which is what they provide....SO tell people that and be honest. We were disappointed with this misconception. We easily found parking around the block in front of a meter. There are SO many unused meters in the area, that you DON'T NEED pay a lot for parking. This place is several blocks north of downtown, so parking is not an issue. BUT the staff make you feel like it is. We expected honesty. #4 Another bad experience was when my oldest son went downstairs for breakfast 5 minutes before us and was approached by the waitress who told him he couldn't eat unless he was a part of HILTON HONORS. Well, when we booked the place, I paid extra for free breakfast during our stay. We were not told at check in that we needed to get vouchers. I arrived and was told the "how it works" by the waitress. I gladly went to the front desk and got our vouchers. This same waitress told me that I would need to do that each morning....although I was given all the vouchers at that time . I was given such "elitist" attitude that I felt like I was back in downtown Denver. Really? The breakfast spread is just like anything you'd find at a Best Western or Holiday Inn *****FOR FREE. The eggs were instant and they didn't even have pancakes or waffles. NO ONE was eating there.....all this food was just sitting there because, why pay $15 per person for that? You can get a much better breakfast somewhere else. Seriously.....people pay much much more per room here and don't even get a free breakfast. If you enjoy being around staff that make you feel like an ELITIST, with your expensive mediocre breakfast while you are waited on like some MORE important person while the valet fetches your rent a car for $35 a day....then YES this is your place!! If you'd like to feel like Austin has welcomed you into their city with open arms, than stay somewhere else. Keep looking, you can find a better place, better breakfast, and not spend so much in doing so. Not thanks Double Tree, we won't be back nor encourage other to endure your attitude.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
GMAus, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Terri D,

I apologize for the issues you ran into during your stay. The hot tub is under repair and we are waiting on contractors to repair the issue. We do try to give guest options on parking and I am sorry that the different options were frustrating you. I am sorry that you felt the service and quality of the breakfast were not satisfactory. I can assure that the eggs are actually not instant, but meet our stringent requirement to be sourced from cage free providers and are freshly made each day.

Nonetheless, I wish we had been able to connect earlier than this complaint to resolve it to your satisfaction.

Jim Reist, General Manger

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Spent time in Austin for a Bachelorette weekend. The rooms were great in terms of size, exactly what we were looking for. The cleanliness of the rooms could have been better, but not enough to deter us from returning. The service was great and hospitable.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments regarding the property and I hope your Bachelorette weekend was wonderful. I appreciate your comments regarding the service. I also hope you mentioned any issues regarding cleanliness to my staff and we resolved them while you were on property.

Congratulations again on the upcoming nuptials and good luck!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Everything was just fine, but I felt trapped by the overpriced breakfast and need for valet parking. This was very expensive. Otherwise, its a nice comfortable, clean hotel in a great location, and accommodating staff.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Mary C,

Thank you for your comments about staff and hotel conditions. Our parking situation is very limited on property and we have felt it best for us to control it as much as we can which is why we became valet only. We do run our valet charges at $35 per day with unlimited in and out privileges which is around $20 less than most of the rest of downtown Austin properties.

I do hope you have a chance to return and if you do, please make a point to come by and ask for me by name.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was in Austin to watch the Texas relays. Great hotel! rooms were clean and provided everything you need. Staff was friendly and professional. I would definitely stay at the Double tree again on my next visit to Austin.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GMAus, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear valbmore65,

I hope you had a great time at the relays! Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review on the hotel. I really appreciate your comments about the staff and we look forward to you returning to us soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very nice room, great service and personnel - tough ventilation system.

I loved the stay here, and had a lot of pluses. They start the visit as the typical chocolate cookie, and great check-in. Then up to a great suite and amenities.

The restaurant is great, and the bar is great too. There is a great workout room, and then an outside area that has a pool area to rival a lot of basic hotels.

The part that sucked was the heating/cooling of the room. During the day it was warm outside. The Air Conditioning worked well. Then nighttime hit and the AC turned off, and the cooling stop. During the night time there, the heat was more prevalent.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
GMAus, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Richard K,

I wanted to thank you for your very thorough review of the hotel. I appreciated your positive comments on the restaurant, bar, fitness room and the pool. I am forwarding your comments regarding the night time AC issues you had to my director of engineering so he makes sure to address the issue. Your feedback is very important in helping to correct these type of issues and I wanted to let you know that I appreciated that feedback.