“Best Meal in Amarillo”

Delvin's Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 536 Restaurants in Amarillo
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We keep going. Still our favorite in Amarillo. Don't miss the greens and sweet potato casserole. Tried everything. Loved them all.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We saw the reviews and had to try this place. It was very disappointing. The catfish was seasoned with only fish fry and nothing else. The macaroni was the most flavorless thing I have ever tasted. The ribs were fatty and chewy. The corn is definitly not smoked. Please if you are looking for good home cooking don't eat here.

On a different note we were referred to Shi Lees barbeque & soul food cafe by a tattoo artist and we couldn't have been more satisfied. The food and the people were incredible. That is the place to get real home cooking. And when you are there they make you feel like family. I will definitely go back there when and if I ever come back through Amarillo

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

After checking out the reviews, we decided to try Delvins for lunch as we drove through Amarillo. The staff was very friendly and eager to make recommendations. I had the turkey plate and my husband had the turkey with ribs. Everything was very good ! The sides taste homemade and the buttermilk pie was the perfect end to our lunch. Definitely will return next time we are in Amarillo!

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

This is a must whether you are a local or just driving through. Definitely worth the trip north. I visit whenever I can.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Wow...wow...WOW!! After hearing about and reading all of the hype for this place, I told my son that I wanted to take him to a late lunch after prom shopping to someplace that I thought would be great. It was actually PHENOMENAL!!

I had the special of turkey and dressing with a side of twice baked mashed potato casserole. The turkey had the best smoked flavor and just fell apart from being so tender. My son had the catfish filets, mac and cheese, and corn on the cob with a slice of buttermilk pie. He could not quit raving about his food. He commented about being sad they are closed tomorrow because he would have gone back again, for sure!

Not only is the food some of the very BEST that I've ever had in Amarillo, the staff just could not have been more kind or welcoming. Bea (Delvin's daughter) was at the counter and was so helpful with our ordering. There were at least four different people that came to our table to check on us with warm smiles and conversation.

The restaurant is open, well decorated, and immaculately clean. We will be back again and again. They also cater and I spoke with Bea about that before we left to begin some planning. She was just great in explaining all that they had to offer.

One thing to note, if you pay with a card, you can't leave a tip. We didn't have any cash on us so we will make sure and have cash to make up for this time and to tip when we return this week (at least two or three times-ha!) so that my husband can try it.

Been to Delvin's Restaurant? Share your experiences!