All reviews full size fridge under one roof stove top desk area marriott courtyard one night nice kitchenette front desk sofa bed common areas loved this hotel beautiful property waffles hotel breakfast great place to stay room was spacious and clean housekeeping staff
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed my two days here. Beds were too squishy for me but that’s personal preference, I guess. Room wasn’t serviced the first day but towels were brought up that evening. Breakfast was good with waffles that you can make yourself. A choice of eggs vs just a fried option, would have been been nice.
Front desk staff was nice.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Darla Y, Manager at TownePlace Suites Abilene Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

We sincerely thank you for your review of our TownePlace Suites NE Abilene. We always welcome suggestions from our guests and will definitely take it to heart We value your opinion and take action to always improve. Thank you for complimenting our awesome associates, they are the heart of our organization. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Great room with a very comfortable bed. The room was large with a nice kitchenette. Outstanding customer service during check in and check out! I will definitely choose TownePlace Suites every time that I am in Abilene.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

So nice to us. Room is clean, sitting area and kitchen. Plenty of space for me and my daughter. The common areas are shared with Courtyard marriott. Breakfast is served in lobby. The fridge is larger than i expexted. Full size dishwasher and microwave

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Darla Y, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Abilene Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for letting others know what to expect when visiting our TownePlace Suites / Courtyard NE Abilene. As a dual property, this allows our guests to enjoy more space to move around! Team Abilene is thankful and happy to be of service to you, our awesome guest! Please visit again soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I spent hours reading reviews on this site to choose a great hotel to make our one-night stay in Abilene memorable. We chose the Townplace side of this hotel (lobby divides Townplace and Courtyard). When we entered the room it was obvious that the A/C was not cooling properly. It was way cooler in the hall and lobby than our room. We left for dinner and Jessica was going to have maintenance look at the A/C. When we returned, we were notified that it was checked and working properly. We returned to the room and found it no better than when we had left. I called the front desk and asked to be moved to a different room; however, she informed me they were sold out but could move us to the Courtyard side. The Courtyard side does not have a kitchen area and is smaller. This is not what we reserved but we had no choice. In the middle of June, almost everyone I can know wants to come back to a cool if not cold room to cool down after looking at the sights in the dusty, hot temps of Abilene. I made my way down to the front desk to switch room keys and inquired about a discount for the inconvenience and for not having the room we originally reserved and needed. At first I was offered a $3 discount and that was increased to $7 when I balked. What a slap in the face! With a long line behind me and the phones ringing off the wall, I decided I would deal with this part later. We packed up our belongings and trekked across the hotel to the other side. We were shocked to open the door to our new room with the A/C turned completely off and with a room temp of about 85++ degrees. Unacceptable. A call to Jessica at the front desk did not result in any remedy. She agreed to call me back but never did. I gave up as we were exhausted. The room never really cooled down and we tried to salvage the experience. Beds are way too soft and mushy, breakfast was average...overall definitely a ruined experience for a family of four. With a future HSU cowgirl in our family, this will be a loss for this hotel chain across the years to come.

Room tip: Don't stay here if you want cold A/C; Townplace is larger than Courtyard
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Julie C
Darla Y, Manager at TownePlace Suites Abilene Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Julie C,

I apologize for the inconvenience you and your family had while our guest at the TownePlace Suites. I have shared with the appropriate departments to eliminate this type of situation from happening in the future. This was an isolated incident and I hope you can see that with the #1 status and past reviews as mentioned. Please feel free to contact me on your next visit to Abilene.

In Hospitality,
D. Yarbrough, GM

Reviewed 15 June 2018

First time I have ever stayed at this brand but it has the winning formula ... at least for me. From the quick and friendly check in I experienced to the quick and friendly check out I experienced - my stay was just wonderful!

Room was spacious and clean and the kitchenette was a nice touch. My stay was just an overnight so I really didn't take advantage of things like the refrigerator, dishes supplies, etc., but I could see where having to stay a few days and nights in this hotel would be ideal. The queen bed was one of the most comfortable ones I've slept in ... in years. TV cable selection was extensive and TV was positioned perfectly for access from the bed or the study desk area. Breakfast was excellent with a great and varied set of offerings. Hotel was quiet and it shares an active and well supplied bistro with the Marriott Courtyard.

I wish I could clone this hotel for every place I visit for work and stay in it each time! My own experience was that good.

Date of stay: June 2018