All reviews basketball court full kitchen front desk kitchen area waffles sausage clean property bed was comfortable complimentary breakfast newer hotel the general manager business trip great place to stay staff was very friendly would stay here again denise acu
Reviewed 27 September 2018

We stopped here on the drive home from Florida. Usually stay at the Courtyard nearby. They had Managers night with wonderful gyros, wine, beer, salads etc. Really nice -- not sure who she was but one Marriott person had tickets to give out and monitor the number of drinks you took. It was so funny - here we are -- Marriott Elites getting monitored with the number of glasses of wine that we had. Otherwise it was a really nice night. I just wish Marriott would stop any smoking on site - it is disgusting when you go out to sit and there are a big group of smokers -- and get new coffee makers - the old ones are awful.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Denise W, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Hello from Abilene and thank you for the great review!

I remember visiting with you both and I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and our social hour! Thank you for bringing the coffee maker in your suite to our attention so that we may address it as soon as possible.

Thank you again and we certainly look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back through Abilene!

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I stayed at the Residence Inn for one night in September 2018 on a business trip. I am usually partial to Hilton Brands but thought I would give this a try. I was very impressed. The grounds were very nice with a basketball court and nice outdoor pool and nice outdoor spaces. The check-in was easy, the internet was fast and easy to connect, the TV was nice, and the bed was comfortable. The room was spacious and while not divided into two separate rooms, it had a kitchen, dining area, living room, and bedroom area. The hallways and common areas looked new and updated. You can tell if a hotel is really clean by their back stairwells, and these were pristine. The breakfast had real eggs and was quite good. The exercise room was large than most with really nice equipment. I needed to print out handouts for my meeting and was able to do so easily in the main lobby. I will certainly plan to stay here again when in town!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Denise W, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Greetings from Abilene DrTom234 and thank you for the fabulous review!

We love to hear from our guests and we are delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience with us. I will be sure to share your accolades with the entire hotel team--it will truly make their day!

Thank you again and we certainly look forward to serving you on your next visit to Abilene!

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Very comfortable bed and nice hotel. The staff was especially friendly and helpful, including the receptionist (same one checking in and out) and the charming staff member in the breakfast area that was making us all mango-banana smoothies! We tried the option to check in from the app for the first time and that worked well and we were able to check in early. The hotel was crowded, but quiet and the continuous A/C was great. In our 2 week vacation, this place stood out as the friendliest and most accommodating. We will return.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Denise W, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Greetings from Abilene and thank you for the amazing review! We are always delighted to hear how much our guests enjoy their stay with us! I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with each of the team members as they truly appreciate when a guest notices their service.

Thank you again and we certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Check in was fine, front desk very friendly. We were given room 108. We only went to the room for a few minutes before going out for the evening. Looked ok. I noticed the bathroom was a bit dingy and there was hair in the bathtub but I didn't think too much about it.
We returned to the room at 11pm and opened the sofabed for our daughter. The mattress was ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! There were STAINS ALL OVER IT. Brown stains, red stains, and LOTS of yellow stains. We were shocked to say the least!! My husband took some pictures of it and immediately went to the front desk to request a new mattress be brought in.
He was told they were very sorry about that but there was nothing they could do. He asked for a new mattress and they told him they do not have any extras. He asked for a rollaway bed to be brought into the room and they said they don't have any. They said they would not give us a refund of any amount as compensation because we had booked the room with airline credit card points.
They gave him an extra mattress over and an extra blanket to put on top of the mattress. Oh and 4 tiny bottles of water and 4 packages of cookies. I guess that was supposed to make my daughter feel better about sleeping on this awful bed.
After the sofa bed situation, we went into the bedroom and tried to turn on the TV. Woudn't work. We tried unplugging it to reset it, checking all the connections on the back etc. My husband went back to the front desk and told them the TV didn't work and they said there was nothing they could do. They told him to try using the remote from the living room TV with it. That was all they could think of to do. Great. Thanks. Of course, that didn't work.
Other issues - the A/C in the room is so loud and blows directly at the bed SO HARD if feels like you are trying to sleep in a windstorm. Since I wasn't sleeping, I was up several times through the night, to find crickets in the bathroom.
The grout in the bathroom tiles is dirty and grungy. The room was generally dusty.
We are well-traveled and I have stayed in a lot of hotels during my life, and this one ranks very close to the bottom. Sad. We expected better from Marriott.
Please do yourself a favor and find another place to stay in Abilene.

Room tip: don't stay here
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Denise W, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience you and your family experienced as our guest. We certainly do appreciate your feedback and have addressed the issues you encountered.

I have contacted the party that your reservation was booked through and confirmed a full refund to you for our shortcomings.

We thank you again for your time and feedback.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here. I stayed six nights and couldn’t have been happier. The staff was super accommodating and pleasant. Always chipper and helpful. The room was super clean and put together well. The wifi was excellent, connected fast and got the job done. I enjoyed the light snacks but will admit the host staff kind stare ya down, which can be a bit unsettling. I assume it’s bc of the presence of alcohol though. Thanks for a great stay and I will always make this my number one choice in Abiliene.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Denise W, General Manager at Residence Inn Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are happy to know that you had a great experience while with us and I will be sure to share your gracious comments with our entire hotel team. It was truly a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Abilene!