“One of our favorite restaurant...but...”

Aiken Fish House & Oyster Bar
Get food delivered
Ranked #32 of 171 Restaurants in Aiken
Reviewed 5 March 2021

The Aiken Fish House is honestly one of our favorite restaurants, and we are never disappointed until last night. One of the menu items we love the most are the Conch Fritters, and they are no longer on the menu. WHAT? that is one of the most popular items.....super disappointed. But if you don't care about Conch Fritters, everything else is amazing, including the friendly wait staff.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (64)

Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

Only some of the food was terrible - some of it was good! Had we received the food when it was hot, it might have been better. Went with a party of 8. Had raw oysters appetizer and they were good! Nice brine and large sized. Ordered dinner - half of our party was served, 10 mins later 3 more people got their food and then 5 mins after that the last person got theirs. I had salmon and the taste was good, it was just cold when I got it. Meanwhile the sweet potato I ordered was gross. It was molten hot and overcooked to the point of it being watery and mushy. Had a terrible flavor - obviously had been sitting in a crockpot or something similar for way too long. One member of our group has a shellfish allergy. The waitress was careful to let the kitchen know and she stressed to the diner that she would not be able to the eat the hush puppies because they were cooked in the same grease as the fried shrimp - then served her a hamburger with fries and 2 hush puppies on side. SMH? With so many other good options in Aiken, I’d skip this place if you have a party of more than 2 people.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 11 December 2020 via mobile

I want to like this place and I want them to succeed but I am always disappointed. We live right around the corner and love their tap beer selection but unfortunately their food is lacking. We were excited to try their new fish and chips option...don't bother. Two tiny strips of fish with a really thick rock hard batter for $15. Come on a fish house should do much better. The only items I would recommend is their fish taco or fish bites (used to be grouper bites so that is now questionable). In addition the serving size of the fish bites is about half of what it was when they first opened. Was also not impressed with the seafood platter...not very tasty. We have been happy with the serving staff but I feel they r almost embarrassed by the food. And don't get the oysters....tiny and not even very tasty. So if you want a good fish dinner I suggest you go around the corner to Locals. Note the pic attached was taken after eatng one bite from each of the filets. You can see how small they were and the thick hard batter.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Luvtotravel202
Reviewed 4 December 2020 via mobile

We have been going there since they first opened and always loved it and brought our out-of-town guests there. They recently changed their menu and changed their recipe for she crab soup which was always our favorite . Very disappointed with their new recipe , it was terrible with no crab flavor , could only taste the sherry . Fish portion was 1/2 the size of their portions in the past . Very disappointing m will not go back .

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank woody1945
Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

Oysters are tiny. I’ve had better fried shrimp at Captain D’s. Worst crab cake we have ever tasted. What balanced this to average were the cheese grits, collards and conch fritters. Those items were worth the visit.

Date of visit: November 2020