All reviews extended stay college dorm room dorney park movie theater long term beds were comfortable cookware housekeeping accommodations gm rates
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Think basic. No little shampoo and lotion bottles. No free breakfast. Want a coffeemaker? You'll need to ask for it. And there's not much in the way of decor. But a scrupulously clean room, comfortable bed, free WiFi that works well, good-sized TV -- what else do you need? (And there's a full-size fridge and microwave too.) And when you check out having paid about 2/3 or less than what any other hotel in the area would cost, you'll know you got a great deal!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

We are thrilled that our accommodations met your needs so beautifully, Sandra! We appreciate your thoughtful comments and review and we would love to welcome you back again. Thank you!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I stood at this hotel for a night, but in that night I felt so welcomed, the front desk was very welcoming and easy fast check in. The people there made me feel as if they did want me there. I will deff be back there my next visit out of state.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stewartjames254

Thank you for sharing your comments about our wonderful staff and the terrific work they do. You made our day! We love hearing from satisfied guests and we’re delighted that your stay was such an outstanding one. We look very forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

All interactions with hotel staff were courteous and professional. Although we did have the desk clerk at check-in attempt to include some optional room services on our folio and claimed they were a requisite of our room price (further discussion quickly confirmed it was not,) so just be mindful in that regard. Oddly enough for an extended stay-style property, no in-room amenities were available, such as cookware, dishes and small appliances. We were instead given recommendations of near-by stores that had most of these items favorably priced. Even more odd was that there were in-room placards offering these things, and displays in the lobby as well. Although the lobby displays were actually offering these items for sale, not for “check-out”. The rooms we had were presented well and moderately appointed, including the usual kitchenette for these locations and a work desk with a couple of chairs. The hotel property itself was clean and has a nice layout, with amenities such as a large guest laundry area. Internet speeds were acceptable for all computer work and some media streaming as well during the beginning of our stay. However, partly through the location appeared to perform some sort of upgrade that brought them into the normal WoodSpring internet template, with 5-6 Mbps “premium” internet, or the free basic internet that MAY yield 1 Mbps or so on a good day. There also seem to be a lot of instances of (presumably) children running at full sprint in the hallways from one end to the other on a daily basis. Although our stay was during summer vacation, so there was likely more kids with energy to burn during the day, in that regard. A competitively priced option for us while doing business in the area.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces a highway. This may be a problem for some travelers. Consult the desk clerk if you might be concerned about it.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for the great review and informative comments. We are so glad you enjoyed so much of our hotel and had a great stay with us. We would look forward to your return when in the area again.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

This place puzzled me. The bed was comfortable so I liked that, but it was very close to the wall on one side which made it difficult getting in and out of the bed. There were 2 chairs, well, maybe 3, but the third was a really low one. I liked having the chairs so we didn’t have to sit on the bed. There was a refrigerator, a microwave, and a hotplate with 2 burners, but there were no plates, no utensils, no pots and pans, and no dish detergent (didn’t really need it since there was nothing to wash). Maybe these things were available from the office, but nobody said anything about it. There was also no hairdryer. The soap in the bathroom was the smallest I’ve ever seen, about 1 inch square. There were 2 of them and it was enough for us since we were only there for 2 nights, but I don’t think it would be enough for a whole week. Checking in took a really long time and I had to sign and initial a lot. I think they said that since we were staying 2 nights, we qualified to bring our towels down and exchange them, but we didn’t bother. There is only 1 slow elevator and 1 luggage cart for the whole building.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kathyc45140
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you for your review. You are right that our amenities are not like a traditional hotel which typically provides daily cleaning, toiletries, a coffee pot, and other amenities. As a value-focused extended stay hotel, WoodSpring Suites offers amenities chosen by extended stay guests which allows us to provide the best value possible so that they customize their stay just the way they would like and pay for only the amenities they want to use. Hopefully other guests will benefit from your good description and enjoy their affordable stay with just the amenities they need or desire. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I stayed here for a month and a half. Initially I would give it 3 stars, even though the front desk staff were busy, they are always friendly and willing to assist. So after the first month, I extended another half of month. I was in a situation where I wasn't sure if my apartment will be ready in a week, 2 weeks, or a month. I talked to the front desk lady, she was very helpful and she let me kept my previous rate so I don't end up wasting my money paying for both places. She made sure that I know to let Woodspring know before the two weeks period ends if I want to extend or continue. I was very satisfied with her professionalism and the fact she was very helpful. I paid it and she gave me a receipt. Fast forward to before the 2 weeks ended, I went to the front desk thinking I will extend one night since my apartment will be ready a day after. I waited 20 minutes at the front desk, called three times, no one was here to assist. However, I can hear laughter in the back room. I kept saying "hellllloooo", eventually the general manager came out singing and giggling. I told her about the fact I've been waiting for 20 minutes and I called three times and no one is here to help. She started saying the phone in the back room didn't ring blah blah blah, and that it is not her fault. Be apologetic and STOP MAKING EXCUSES. It got worse too.
So after I explain to her I just need to extend one day of my stay, she pulled up my account and started saying "you are not staying for a 28 days, you cannot get the 28 days rate, you owe me money". I then explained to her that I was informed that I can keep my rate, I paid for it and had a receipt in my room if she likes to see it". She was so rude raising her voice, talking over me, and telling me she is the manager I can't get a 28 days rate if I am not paying 28 days at a time. I totally understand what she was saying, but the fact that I was told by one of the staffs I can get the rate I wanted, I decided to keep staying in Woodspring Allentown. I paid for it, got a receipt, she has to honor it, she can't just suddenly tell me the staff that helped me doesn't know what she is doing, so it doesn't count. It was unbelievable. I wouldn't be as upset if she wasn't so rude. First of all, as a manager, be responsible for your staff. Don't throw them under the bus and saying "that is why she isn't here anymore". She also told me, please tell me where else you can stay that is cheaper than my rate around this area, you cant find it. You can live in your car if you want something cheaper. GEEZ It doesn't matter whether your rate is cheaper than other or not, don't be an a**hole! She told me that I will have to leave 3 days earlier than when I "paid to" since she is changing my rate back to the "correct" rate. She said if you don't pay the difference then you need to leave by this day. I was stressed enough talking to her, she was bullying me into paying. So basically, if I didn't show up to extend my stay, I won't have to pay for the difference. It makes no sense. She stressed me out so much, I eventually bit the bullet and paid for it. I left very shocked and told all my friends and family about this, they all think it is unacceptable and I should not have to pay the difference if I was "misinformed" two weeks ago. Anyway, VERY TERRIBLE experience after talking to "the manager". Her name is Maya!

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
4  Thank Lily W
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear about the confusion regarding the rates and hope you were able to enjoy most of your stay. We appreciate you and hope your move went smoothly. We will certainly use your feedback to help us improve.