3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$87
Priceline$87
Travelocity$87
Destinia.com$95
1,136 results
All reviews premier lounge accor member breakfast buffet gateway mall executive room kiddie pool ali mall the ground floor rain shower upon check an overnight stay housekeeping staff exchange araneta manila shoprite gym
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2022

I came from Cebu: Our company decided to temporarily relocate us to Manila from Dec.23-Jan.8 ,2022nd.

All I can say is that " I was amazed by how all of the staffs we're so professionals"

The room is so clean, the housekeeping staff we're so quick whenever we do have a request such us bringing extra botttle of waters, laundry pick-up and requesting toilet papers.

The breakfast buffet is so yummyy!

The take me out food "the cookies and the pasalubong sets."

To the guy who always delivered my food from take me out "Mark", thank you!

To the two airport drivers "Kudos for being so nice and friendly!" .

I'll visit Manila soon and this hotel will always be my 1st choice.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2021

It was nice to stay again at Novotel Manila after two years. We were really looking forward to staying again, after not being able to due to the pandemic. However, there were several off things we experienced.

We are Accor Members and we were staying at the hotel to reach the Gold Level. We had also pre-advised that we will be using our upgrade voucher from Accor Plus. Upon check-in, the folks in the Executive Lounge was really nice and all. No issues on them.

On my paper while in the desk, I already did see that we were upgraded to the Executive Room - which had meant we should have access to the Premier Lounge. We were asked to wait and chill in the lounge, while our paper and keys were being brought to us.

After some minutes, this kind lady from the front desk told us that the room available was a Deluxe Room with two beds, but if we wanted to check-in now, we can be upgraded to an Executive Room for an additional PHP 4,000 per night. This was such a red flag for me, because I already did see that I was already set for an executive room. I didn't understand why I had to pay an additional PHP 4,000 per night for something I had a voucher for an upgrade on.

I politely informed that I was using my voucher, so should not I have access to an Executive Room upon upgrade? I was advised that the next category was a Deluxe Room. However, when I booked my room weeks before, a Deluxe room was not available to be booked. I am an Accor member for two years now, so I know how these things worked. If a Deluxe Room was available, I would have booked that instead.

As I was fixing the payment, the kind lady changed the wording to the Lounge Access being given to me for an additional PHP 4,000 per night. I would have willing to upgrade, but given my Accor plus membership (which the folks in reception were aware of), I would have gotten the benefits of the breakfast by just booking directly at the restaurant - and getting all the drinks I wanted by buying from Shopwise - at about 20% of the cost they were quoting me for the whole stay.

All this, honestly, turned me off so much. From a business perspective, I understand that they were trying hard to upsell and earn extra income, given the pandemic. But doing it to a loyal guest? Who knows how the vouchers work? Who has been upgraded multiple times - without any strings attached - by other Accor hotels? I understand, but it was such a turn off.

The hotel room was as we expected and we had a good view of the city. We do not think it was properly fixed before we came in, though. The Executive Room should have had an expresso machine, which was not there when we came in. Only for us to find out - it was hidden in the cabinets. The room also smelled like it was not used for some time, which in a way, was good.

Due to the policy they had, housekeeping could only be done in the 4th day of our stay. I found this very, very weird - because all the other Accor hotels I have stayed at in the past two years, even at the height of the pandemic, were able to do daily housekeeping - or at least housekeeping upon request. We tried our best to keep our room clean - but the room not being cleaned regularly was another reason I found off, especially other Accor hotels could do it.

And the water in the pool was so cold - At times, it was unbearable to swim. I remember that the water in the pool was not that cold when we last checked - in. You may want to consider placing a heater or a temperature control for the pool, especially for cold months.

And the Ala Carte food in the Food Exchange was DISAPPOINTING. The pizza was great, no question. My partner ordered Beef Kaldereta, which without our Accor Plus discount, was PHP 600.00 worth. We were expecting a right sized serving for the prize.

What we got was a CUP OF RICE and a BOWL OF KALDERETA! That's PHP 600.00 worth. Seriously? It honestly felt like the serving of the Take Me Out Kaldereta rice bowl being given to us. But the service size and the taste even (sauce was thin) was NOT WORTH PHP 600.00.

Everything above felt like a part-vacation, part quarantine stay. Things were so restrictive and limited. I didn't appreciate being hard sold on for the upgrade, our room not being properly fixed before checked-in and the food is NOT WORTH the money we paid.

We, however, still had glimpses of why we loved and wanted to stay again in Novotel, in the first place. Amidst all the issues I shared above, the people working there were great - from the Reception, Restaurants, the pool guy taking care of the towels. We super loved the Indulge Gelato and Bread shop in the ground floor. We super loved the security guard in the Indulge entrance. She was so welcoming and her smiles when we enter and go out always made our day.

The location of Novotel was always perfect - it was in the middle of everything and it being Infront of Shopwise really was convenient.

I really hope you can review your processes that you currently have. It's disappointing and turns off people who want to stay at your hotel, especially members like us.

Would I stay again? I would - but there are other Accor hotels in Manila with better policies, amidst the pandemic, that are still ALL Safe.

Reviewed December 23, 2021

During check-in, I flatly told the pretty girl at Novotel that they were the second choice for my stay, even mentioning the hotel I wanted to stay in. The following morning, I take back what i have said. Novotel was great!!! So great, that i am considering the renewal of my ACCOR membership. My mother enjoyed her stay. Believe me when i say that that was the best compliment I have heard thus far.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed December 12, 2021

having the AccorPlus privilege is very rewarding especially in the buffet. Staff were very mindful of health protocols and accommodated my requests. I hope to see the the resumption of lunch and dinner buffet everyday in the near future. I will definitely come back.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed October 31, 2021

It was heaven. The service was lovely, the food was well-made and there was a kid's playroom too! I love the hotel and I think I would visit every summer break. They may look well-groomed and disciplined but they also give the best service that even you can dream of being a king/queen relaxing in the luxurious inn.

Date of stay: November 2020