“One for the books!”

Ranked #3 of 98 Coffee & Tea in Quezon City
Description: Telephone + 63 2 929 4186
Description: Telephone + 63 2 929 4186
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Without reading any reviews nor receiving recommendations, my wife and I visited Cafe Xocolat after attending a mass at Monasterio de Sta. Clara in Katipunan to have a quick breakfast.

(+) Pros

- Place is very easy to locate through waze
- The front parking can accommodate 4-5 cars in front ( I know there’s a parking space at the back— not sure how huge it is though
- The place is laid-back, it would remind you of your grandmother’s 90’s (well-maintained) house
- Food attendants are well knowledgeable about their menu
- Their spicy tuyo pasta (P275) tastes really good!
- Taza de Xocolat (P175) is to die for!! I’m not a sucker of hot chocolates but I wouldn’t mind having multiple cups of this in a day :)
- Their spicy beef flakes (P245) comes with scrambled egg, garlic rice, (grilled) side tomatoes and a hot chocolate sampler— nothing too special about it.

(-) Cons

- Price is average to a bit steep.
- A/C units need to be replaced. There were only 6 of us inside the restaurant but the temperature was pretty warm
- Much to our dismay, That Xocolat (their supposed bestseller in cakes, P125/slice) tastes average.

Verdict: We’d definitely come back to try their other menu. We were very satisfied with most of our orders— this place is a good find!!!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Xocolat offered some of the best chocolate-related drinks and even pastries. I always ordered the grown up xino while my girlfriend got the baby xino because she's not really a coffee person. I was shocked by the news that they were closing because I was just there a month ago. The place was kind of old school but it was a good place to chill, i'm going to miss the oreo cheesecake and blackened cream dory.

All good things must come to end at some point I guess :(.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I legit became very emotional when I knew that Xocolat is closing their Katipunan branch. I feel like my Spiderman senses already knew this since I ended up visiting a week before their closing week. There's still so much to try out from their menu!
(because who can say no to your personal favorites?) Where will I get my Xoco Spiced Chicken or Xocolat Pasta now? (Yes, I know there Greenhills branch still exists but that's faaaaar from Katipunan which is a stone throw away from schools and other establishments)

I hope that they get a space somewhere along the very developed Katipunan! Here's to hoping! Cheers for one helluva run!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Xocolat's Xoco Spiced Chicken and Xocolat Pasta never fails! Super worth your money. Their cakes are heavenly and reasonably-priced. Eyeing to buy an entire cake in the future!

Their wifi is fast too but we were just four when we dined so maybe it's just right. They also have a designated smoking area which is hard to look for nowadays.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I've missed Xocolat ever since they packed up their stall in Eastwood.

Always glad to visit them in Cafe Xocolat, though, as the place is very pretty (delightful, quirky yet homey decoration), more spacious and serves more than desserts.

Churros and chocolate were my go-to orders before, but today we decided to have breakfast. Kids loved their orders of meaty lasagna (yes, it was super meaty and flavorful), blackened dory (served with a delicious potato gratin) and desserts- Banana Toffee Pie and Sugar Free Xoco Glaze that was so rich my youngest could not consume it, totally redefining decadent in sugar free dessert!

I ordered the Beef tapa dish. I was not a fan of the way it was served - the garlic beef pieces were mixed into the rice. I would have loved to tear into those beef pieces myself. As it was, the rice was not evenly coated with the tapa sauce, so there were white spots that were inconsistent in flavor and appearance.

Serving sizes also tend to be a bit on the smaller side, considering the price.

All in all, though, this is a great place for Sunday breakfast with family, or just for a great meal with friends.