Without reading any reviews nor receiving recommendations, my wife and I visited Cafe Xocolat after attending a mass at Monasterio de Sta. Clara in Katipunan to have a quick breakfast.
- Place is very easy to locate through waze
- The front parking can accommodate 4-5 cars in front ( I know there’s a parking space at the back— not sure how huge it is though
- The place is laid-back, it would remind you of your grandmother’s 90’s (well-maintained) house
- Food attendants are well knowledgeable about their menu
- Their spicy tuyo pasta (P275) tastes really good!
- Taza de Xocolat (P175) is to die for!! I’m not a sucker of hot chocolates but I wouldn’t mind having multiple cups of this in a day :)
- Their spicy beef flakes (P245) comes with scrambled egg, garlic rice, (grilled) side tomatoes and a hot chocolate sampler— nothing too special about it.
- Price is average to a bit steep.
- A/C units need to be replaced. There were only 6 of us inside the restaurant but the temperature was pretty warm
- Much to our dismay, That Xocolat (their supposed bestseller in cakes, P125/slice) tastes average.
Verdict: We’d definitely come back to try their other menu. We were very satisfied with most of our orders— this place is a good find!!!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.